So it seems we have another rotten core.

The only ones to me who look disinterested are Grigg and De Boek.
The others are just generally of a mediocre standard.
I wonder if the keeper has let the contract bollocks upset his concentration. Not the same lad as last season.

Connor McLaughlin looks less interested than Grigg.

Not itk or anything but i was at a birthday party a couple of months ago and a current player was there! He knows my mate and told him that theres a click on the training ground

He named mcglaughlin (gk) wyke, grigg and maguire! Said they are total arseholes and very unprofessional! Was a bit shocked at the gk
If he's still asking for £15k a week, it doesn't shock me he's acting up mind.

Although why he thinks he's worth £15k when he is making regular mistakes at league one level is baffling.

Graft?..most of these buggers have probably never done a days graft in all their lives....Graft is 8 hrs down the pit....some people try to make out they are doing a days graft with a roll of sellotape and a pair of scissors for a few hours a day and come home saying they are knackered...snowflake society

It's political correctness gone mad.

Bob knaaars
Embarrassing
Not itk or anything but i was at a birthday party a couple of months ago and a current player was there! He knows my mate and told him that theres a click on the training ground

He named mcglaughlin (gk) wyke, grigg and maguire! Said they are total arseholes and very unprofessional! Was a bit shocked at the gk
I've heard Wyke is very well liked by the staff and other players

Last edited:
There was only one King and will only ever be one...Hurley should be insulted being compared to that lazy clown
Too true. Charlie did not have any time for players that did not look after themselves. Sure I read once that he had words with Jim Baxter one day when he turned up half cut/hungover. God knows what he would make of the current crop of non triers.

it’s not that theor rotten core their just not good enough and that’s down to the managers not been given the money to spend,most of them are free transfers apart from a couple ,

Was always guna happen said this numerous times last season that the owners where naive if they thought the fans where guna keep turning up
Worst atmosphere I ever saw at the stadium of light was when we had massive crowds after our 7th place finishes. The crowd really turned ugly in those days and it had a hugely detrimental effect on our performances on the pitch. We could be suffering from the same thing now.

Certainly judging by his waist line!!
He's a f***ing disgrace.
Absolutely no need to let himself get out of shape like that, irrespective of the league we're playing in.
Where's his self respect, or respect for his team mates, the club, manager, or fans, to turn up for a game, in that shape ?
Myself and my mates, used to play Sunday league football, and "trained" on kebabs and a gallon, the night before a game, and every one of us, was in better shape, than that f***ing so called, professional footballer.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's a f***ing disgrace.
Absolutely no need to let himself get out of shape like that, irrespective of the league we're playing in.
Where's his self respect, or respect for his team mates, the club, manager, or fans, to turn up for a game, in that shape ?
Myself and my mates, used to play Sunday league football, and "trained" on kebabs and a gallon, the night before a game, and every one of us, was in better shape, than that f***ing so called, professional footballer.
When you let yourself go physically its also a sure sign that your not bothered mentally. In other words you don't give a toss which is exactly what it seems.

When you let yourself go physically its also a sure sign that your not bothered mentally. In other words you don't give a toss which is exactly what it seems.
So it's obviously, not only some supporters, who are apathetic.
He lacks professional or personal pride, and should be nowhere near the first team, until he sheds the excess clem(s).
That he's not only, getting away with turning up, in such poor shape, and is still getting a game, is a sad indictment, of the current state, of our club.

I hate it when people blame the fans, unjustified criticism of loyal support isn't fair. However this place has turned into a f***ing nursery of whingeing, narcissistic fannies. Plenty of big clubs have have gone through what we are going through, some worse. Some have come back stronger and some have fallen short but still get decent support. We aren't exempt from this just because we are Sunderland. We have been run like a failing business for years, panic decisions and bad money thrown at bad assets. Im not saying the new regime is beyond criticism, they failed at their first attempt at promotion, where that solely lies is up for debate. They have at least tried to make us sustainable again and it seems attracted new investors to try and jump start the club again. A few of the buys have been poor, whilst some have been good, but isn't that just this league and the quality on offer? Yes there are better players but clubs aren't obliged to sell them to us just because we are Sunderland and theres a chance those players won't fit, a lot of the time at this level it is the whole team that contributes to success not an individual. I have seen they have tried to employ leaders and enthusiastic players but also tried to bring in one or two that have a history of success at this level, it is generally those players that have failed.

I am not saying don't criticise, im not saying we can't ask questions when things aren't going well but some of the comments are laughable. Suggesting the owners should just pack up and leave, saying players are a disruptive force based simply on the fact performances have dropped. We shouldn't blindly follow our club but people have to be realistic. Mistakes have been made but I can see a club trying to address those mistakes.

So it's obviously, not only some supporters, who are apathetic.
He lacks professional or personal pride, and should be nowhere near the first team, until he sheds the excess clem(s).
That he's not only, getting away with turning up, in such poor shape, and is still getting a game, is a sad indictment, of the current state, of our club.
Too right marra. They used to turn up for pre season showing an extra pound or two but that's what a decent pre season was for. To get back to match fitness ASAP. No wonder we cant play 90mins and as soon as the second half comes around half the side looks knackered. As a supporter just cant understand it or how management lets it get like this. Maybe they don't give a toss either?

Back