So how would you rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you be so sure? And since when has having a different opinion on a shared cause been grounds for shouting down said opinion? That’s how they do things in North Korea and Newcastle mate.
Haha I love the connection you made between North Korea and Newcastle. That certainly lightened up this thread. Have a like.

AGAIN what reservations??? absolutely pathetic man. Rome wasn't built in a day!! you and others like you are impatient, god forbid we don't go up this season because the utter hate that will pour from your mouths will be relentless
The main one is the level of financial investment - both so far, and what potential there is for further investment in the future. Being self sufficient's a lovely idea, but putting it into practice is very different, and the day will come when some proper money will have to be spent. I've listened closely to what they've had to say on the matter and they talk a good game - I've liked a lot of what was said - but there's a lot of ifs and buts about what they might and might not be able to do and that includes just how financially involved Sartori becomes (it would be the most Sunderland thing ever if that were to fall through because he fancies running his country instead).
There's also the fact that they've no experience of running a club of our size, or of running a club at this level or higher. Fair enough though, neither did Short, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. If anything I'm more confident with them given the background and the fact they know what a game of football looks like. We're still a big undertaking though.

I'm not impatient. I'm just not getting carried away. Do I want promotion? Yes. Do I want to be in the Premier League? As soon as possible please. But that's not impatience. They're doing alright - I'd have said my 7.4 out of 10 was more than alright actually - but there's scope to do better (can I ask what are your reservations after only awarding a 9/10?).

And you're right, I will be pissed off if we don't go up this year - given what we've seen so far you'd have to say to not get promoted now would be an opportunity missed, and that little bit of extra in the transfer market might have seen us over the line. But we'll have to wait and see on that front.

And ?
Optimistic follows cautiously if you’re-read the full sentence.
I read it marra. Both words, and the rest. It's more or less exactly what I've been saying across several pages though not in so many words, so forgive me if I'm a little baffled as to what exactly you're disagreeing with.

Last edited:
The main one is the level of financial investment - both so far, and what potential there is for further investment in the future. Being self sufficient's a lovely idea, but putting it into practice is very different, and the day will come when some proper money will have to be spent. I've listened closely to what they've had to say on the matter and they talk a good game - I've liked a lot of what was said - but there's a lot of ifs and buts about what they might and might not be able to do and that includes just how financially involved Sartori becomes (it would be the most Sunderland thing ever if that were to fall through because he fancies running his country instead).
There's also the fact that they've no experience of running a club of our size, or of running a club at this level or higher. Fair enough though, neither did Short, so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there. If anything I'm more confident with them given the background and the fact they know what a game of football looks like. We're still a big undertaking though.

I'm not impatient. I'm just not getting carried away. Do I want promotion? Yes. Do I want to be in the Premier League? As soon as possible please. But that's not impatience. They're doing alright - I'd have said my 7.4 out of 10 was more than alright actually - but there's scope to do better (can I ask what are your reservations after only awarding a 9/10?).

And you're right, I will be pissed off if we don't go up this year - given what we've seen so far you'd have to say to not get promoted now would be an opportunity missed, and that little bit of extra in the transfer market might have seen us over the line. But we'll have to wait and see on that front.

I read it marra. Both words, and the rest. It's more or less exactly what I've been saying across several pages though not in so many words, so forgive me if I'm a little baffled as to what exactly you're disagreeing with.
I’m hoping that now Ndong has gone permanently that they do the same with Pappy. That will mean we can strengthen in January. A couple of astute signings and we’d really push for automatic promotion in the second half of the season.

I can’t understand why you are nit picking with words. I probably go back a lot longer than you age wise and I have seen a lot of dross and heartache hence the cautiously optimistic comment. Not meant to be contradictory or argumentative but purely my view and views of those around me. In essence trying to balance off the discussion with the views of you and those you know

I can’t understand why you are nit picking with words. I probably go back a lot longer than you age wise and I have seen a lot of dross and heartache hence the cautiously optimistic comment. Not meant to be contradictory or argumentative but purely my view and views of those around me. In essence trying to balance off the discussion with the views of you and those you know
I'm not nitpicking, and I fully understand being cautiously optimistic. All I'm saying is nobody I know is getting carried away thinking the new owners are the bees knees and everything's gonna come up rosy, everybody is just hoping for the best. And I think that's more or less the same thing as what you're saying.

I'm not nitpicking, and I fully understand being cautiously optimistic. All I'm saying is nobody I know is getting carried away thinking the new owners are the bees knees and everything's gonna come up rosy, everybody is just hoping for the best. And I think that's more or less the same thing as what you're saying.
Ok, point taken. Fingers crossed we are all right then ;)

I know im getting a rep as being intollerent to peoples views but if that person has a really good concern then fair enough....but i have not seen ONE so called concern that merits the stick some give SD and Methven. And if you look through some of these so called fans past posts its nothing but gloom and doom about Sunderland as a football club or place...and you wonder why i get narked?? I have been called a mag, unhinged a wanker, a nobody a weirdo and a c*nt !! For what??? Defending the club I love from absolute negative bollocks....i will never stop defending them
Why? The club or rather who ever is in charge or running the show, could make an absolute cluster fuck of things and you would still defend them? Did you constantly defend Short and his regime?

Christ is that Gosforth still going on.

Basically any opinion that isn't 100% his is not allowed

A lot of the Sunderland supporters I talk to away from the message board share many of the same concerns and reservations about the new owners that I've put forward on this thread. The blind optimism and love-in for the new owners seems to be more of a thing on here rather than being the opinion of the fanbase at large.

Yeah there is so much optimism

We were always going to do OK in this league with the level of players we have

We are doing decent enough, but I think one of many numerous owners could do what they currently are

I will be judging them on what we do in the Championship, as we will need investment and they will have to provide it

My opinions only:

Donald is a plus i think
Methven is here by luck and needs to understand that
Sartori is ???? No evidence of any effect, positive or negative

Like the stance on Ndong., etc
Like the way the atmosphere is coming back - especially away games
Cautious about the funding situation - jury very much still out on this one for me. Failure to push for promotion with significant january signings will give a good clue as to true position.
Signings have been mixed - 3 or 4 good ones and some not so good
Great to win a few games at last and that feels nice.

Overall 7.5/10 so far

Why? The club or rather who ever is in charge or running the show, could make an absolute cluster fuck of things and you would still defend them? Did you constantly defend Short and his regime?

This is different !! We are/were on our knees in division 3 with a support that felt alienated and sick of life. Look at what they have done in such a short space of time yet some people are still f***ing whinging on. They might and probably will make mistakes down the line but doesn't everybody? My initial question was how people rate them thus far....and i'm happy and was always confident that most would give them very high marks....as they deserve it....SO FAR.

Christ is that Gosforth still going on.

Basically any opinion that isn't 100% his is not allowed

Yeah there is so much optimism

We were always going to do OK in this league with the level of players we have

We are doing decent enough, but I think one of many numerous owners could do what they currently are

I will be judging them on what we do in the Championship, as we will need investment and they will have to provide it

Aye rat, as long as you keep banging on ill be banging on too. AGAIN (brick wall) my question was SO FAR not the future ;) some thick buggers on here. Yet some silly sausage gave them 5/10 :) :) just to be confrontational im guessing which is pretty sad!! And yes i do take on board peoples arguments but not when its utter uttter shite

Last edited:

Doubt youll get a reply to this mind

@Gosforth Mackem care to reply as it seems a pretty reasonable response

This is different !! We are/were on our knees in division 3 with a support that felt alienated and sick of life. Look at what they have done in such a short space of time yet some people are still f***ing whinging on. They might and probably will make mistakes down the line but doesn't everybody? My initial question was how people rate them thus far....and i'm happy and was always confident that most would give them very high marks....as they deserve it....SO FAR.

Aye rat, as long as you keep banging on ill be banging on too. AGAIN (brick wall) my question was SO FAR not the future ;) some thick buggers on here. Yet some silly sausage gave them 5/10 :) :) just to be confrontational im guessing which is pretty sad!! And yes i do take on board peoples arguments but not when its utter uttter shite

Mate there is only one person being confrontational on here and its you

The fact is the main issue was the massive debt, there are some outgoing costs to be covered, but they should as they got the club for fuck all

The debt was the big thing, its not that hard to get us near the top of the yable in this league with the players we have, I don't see what they have done that is so earth shatteringly good?

They have done OK, decent, lets hope we get promoted and lets hope they get their hands out of their pocket and get players signed up to new contracts and not offering them league one wages

They are both reasonable points, and I am not a moaner or a mag, just a Sunderland fan.

Doubt youll get a reply to this mind

@Gosforth Mackem care to reply as it seems a pretty reasonable response

Yep very reasonable

There are reasonable to questions to be asked of the new owers

I find the whole idolisation of them worrying and slightly strange. Fair enough the manager or players, but they are trying to get promoted on the cheap, I actually agree its a good idea as means we might have money next year, but I find the love for them slightly strange

Again to make clear I like them and think they are doing a decent job

So your maim concern is money...again this is all future thoughts. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over here but I did just ask how do you rate them so far??? Anything else is purely speculation and tbh neither you, me or anyone else apart from those in charge know what will happen. SD has openly said he hasn't got a bottomless pit of money and will step aside if the Sartori family want to take the club to the next level.....maybe that's how it will work with SD and Methven getting the club to a certain point....but again it's all guesswork. All I know is with what they have inherited (the club wasn't totally debt free) they have done a good job and I think some on here could give them a little more credit than being twisty for the sake of it. STID !!!

Mate there is only one person being confrontational on here and its you

The fact is the main issue was the massive debt, there are some outgoing costs to be covered, but they should as they got the club for fuck all

The debt was the big thing, its not that hard to get us near the top of the yable in this league with the players we have, I don't see what they have done that is so earth shatteringly good?

They have done OK, decent, lets hope we get promoted and lets hope they get their hands out of their pocket and get players signed up to new contracts and not offering them league one wages

They are both reasonable points, and I am not a moaner or a mag, just a Sunderland fan.

Yep very reasonable

There are reasonable to questions to be asked of the new owers

I find the whole idolisation of them worrying and slightly strange. Fair enough the manager or players, but they are trying to get promoted on the cheap, I actually agree its a good idea as means we might have money next year, but I find the love for them slightly strange

Again to make clear I like them and think they are doing a decent job

:oops::oops::oops::oops: Jesus wept, what a bellend you really are

Last edited:
So your maim concern is money...again this is all future thoughts. I feel like I am repeating myself over and over here but I did just ask how do you rate them so far??? Anything else is purely speculation and tbh neither you, me or anyone else apart from those in charge know what will happen. SD has openly said he hasn't got a bottomless pit of money and will step aside if the Sartori family want to take the club to the next level.....maybe that's how it will work with SD and Methven getting the club to a certain point....but again it's all guesswork. All I know is with what they have inherited (the club wasn't totally debt free) they have done a good job and I think some on here could give them a little more credit than being twisty for the sake of it. STID !!!

:oops::oops::oops::oops: Jesus wept, what a bellend you really are

I wouldn't bother mate, he's one of them that thinks 'Sugar Daddy Owners' only allowed.

It's not all about the future. I was a bit underwhelmed by our activity in the summer, and a few of our signings don't look very clever at all, so is it not then reasonable to question whether they could have done better. Why they didn't or whether they even could have is open to conjecture but if we take them at their word it's because you don't need to spend more so why should they. Well that could backfire, and the buck stops with them, and they must to better next time round. I'm not saying they haven't done a good job at all, but SO FAR, I think they could have done better.

And I have no idea what STID means.

I wouldn't bother mate, he's one of them that thinks 'Sugar Daddy Owners' only allowed.
Complete and utter nonsense.

It's not all about the future. I was a bit underwhelmed by our activity in the summer, and a few of our signings don't look very clever at all, so is it not then reasonable to question whether they could have done better. Why they didn't or whether they even could have is open to conjecture but if we take them at their word it's because you don't need to spend more so why should they. Well that could backfire, and the buck stops with them, and they must to better next time round. I'm not saying they haven't done a good job at all, but SO FAR, I think they could have done better.

And I have no idea what STID means.

Complete and utter nonsense.

So what could they have done better? were you one of those people that kept saying WHO?? when we were linked or signed someone? Doesn't every club think they can do better in the transfer market? (ask the mags) I actually hope we sign a couple more players in January as we look a bit short in certain areas...but given the state of the squad in June, we have done fantastic. STID (Sunderland Till I Die)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back