So......... Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just looking at form guides there and while overall Everton are in great form they havn't won any of their last 5 games on the road...

I never expected we'd have any points from the mannure, chelsea, everton and scum games. To have 3 is pure bonus and where those 3 came from is even sweeter.
They are never easy to play against, they have a fantastic team spirit, but I think if we show the same endevour and sess and aj retain their 'appetite' a good result is possible. Sess and aj have the skills to unlike their defensive system and pdc seems to have our lads organised into a proper counter attacking unit.
I really reckon a point is very achievable, but if we lose, while it will depress me a little, it wont lead to the usual despondency I've felt most of this season. We're still a work in progress, and it's only 3 weeks in the making.

2-1 us. We got rid of that tag of always beating the mags 2-1 so why not always beat Everton 2-1 from now on eh :cool:

I'd be happy with a point given we got three at the Wongadome. Its a bonus that Everton have played midweek, hopefully they'll be jaded (another side using the tired excuse? ha) and we can capitalise. Expecting a quality atmosphere for Paolo's first home game and following Sundays events!

Having said all that its a tough fixture as they're a quality side. Lets hope Di Canio does his homework again to stop Baines being a threat and deal with Fellaini in the middle, normally he takes the piss out of our midfield so we'll see.

Everton are a class act. They are solid and well organised and also carry an attacking threat.

We have not beaten them since god knows when and they have lost less games in 2 seasons than we have lost since New Year and from what I heard, they gave Arsenal the run around at the Emirates last night. They also have the best manager in the entire league in my opinion.

A point would be brilliant for us.

Enjoyed Sunday. What Sunderland fan wouldn't? We scored 3 top quality goals, played well.

But then Newcastle were crap. Most teams are beating them. Still, you can only beat what's in front of you, and it was a huge step up for us.

I'd take a point against Everton though. Still a result IMO and would continue the momentum.

I'd be happy with a point but the game doesn't worry me. I think we can win..

Exactly this ^. Normally against Everton I'm hoping for a draw at best. Now though, although a draw would be decent for us, I'm kind of thinking we can actually beat these for once. Hopefully not famous last words!

Everton are a class act. They are solid and well organised and also carry an attacking threat.

We have not beaten them since god knows when and they have lost less games in 2 seasons than we have lost since New Year and from what I heard, they gave Arsenal the run around at the Emirates last night. They also have the best manager in the entire league in my opinion.

A point would be brilliant for us.

Completely agree.

Would love to see us win but can't help thinking those expecting a win haven't seen much of Everton recently, especially there performance against Arsenal.

Well done for beating the black and white bastards last week- I hope yers stay up. Di Canio seems to have found something that MON had lost a good while back.

Obviously I'm gonna be going for an Everton win! 2-0

Good luck for the remainder of the season folks!!

Same as sunday - go out, be positive and fight, and who knows.

A point would mean we've taken four where most realists expected zero from these games. A massive boost. If we get six we're as good as safe and it's an unbelievable turnaround from only three weeks ago.

We played well at their place before the negative tactics cost us and unless they get an undeserved penalty, like last season a 1-0 win. Hopefully their efforts at the Emirates will leave them with jet lag.;)

We played well at their place before the negative tactics cost us and unless they get an undeserved penalty, like last season a 1-0 win. Hopefully their efforts at the Emirates will leave them with jet lag.;)

We were quality in the first half. Remember going into half time thinking we should have been 2 or 3 goals up.

Do you think this will be last season at everton for moyes and fellaini?

Fellaini is definitely off in the summer, even if we do manage to sneak in to the CL. Not too sure on Moyes, a lot depends on how much money he gets given from the board and or the fee for Fellaini.

Nice one on the derby win, I hate the barcodes and Pardew with a passion. Fingers crossed you manage to stay up, I think we might just sneak a win tomorrow, our draws against the arse and spurs mean we have to win to keep our slim hopes of CL footy alive.

Fellaini is definitely off in the summer, even if we do manage to sneak in to the CL. Not too sure on Moyes, a lot depends on how much money he gets given from the board and or the fee for Fellaini.

Nice one on the derby win, I hate the barcodes and Pardew with a passion. Fingers crossed you manage to stay up, I think we might just sneak a win tomorrow, our draws against the arse and spurs mean we have to win to keep our slim hopes of CL footy alive.

Every season your there or thereabouts mate. Fantastic how without any 'Stars' ( apologies ), Moyes gets you lads pushing close every term. All credit to him and you lot. Apoint would do me as it stands, but for the first time in years, think we can go better. Here's hoping. With your Pardew stance, always welcome on here ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back