So......... Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

A full house behind PDC and more important the team for the first time in a long time. We have to go for the win.

We usually see the very good side of them every time we play them but they have their off days too...unfortunately it never seems to happen when we play them. Wigan destroyed them in the cup a few weeks ago..they got knocked out of the other cup by Leeds and have lost to Reading and Norwich, etc this season so no reason we have to fear them on our own turf.

Felt we were very unlucky against them earlier in the season...the cup game last year was described by Moyes as their best performance of the season. We can't keep coming up against their A game every time we play them.

The history book is well overdue been thrown out the window!

Back to earth time. We really don't have much chance of beating them in truth. On Sunday we played a poor team and beat them. But we ARE a fundamentally poor team as well. The euphoria is predictable enough, but in the cold light of day, there couldn't be a worse team for us to play. Everton are a team very much in the ascendancy; they play good football with players who don't give the ball away, and who are physically and mentally hard as nails. They bullied arsenal the other night.
I'm very much afraid they'll bully us too. We need to be realistic about this game and find the points we need from those remaining.

Back to earth time. We really don't have much chance of beating them in truth. On Sunday we played a poor team and beat them. But we ARE a fundamentally poor team as well. The euphoria is predictable enough, but in the cold light of day, there couldn't be a worse team for us to play. Everton are a team very much in the ascendancy; they play good football with players who don't give the ball away, and who are physically and mentally hard as nails. They bullied arsenal the other night.
I'm very much afraid they'll bully us too. We need to be realistic about this game and find the points we need from those remaining.

We do have chance of beating them..it's Di Canios first home game in charge so the atmosphere is going to be electric in the stadium. We're not a fundamentally poor team either..we've got some really good players who've been under performing but on their day can cause any team problems.

Everton are the better team but with us paying at home and it being Di Canios first game then think the chances of a win are a lot higher than usual

With respect this kind of "realism" is why we got into trouble under previous managers, it's too negative di Canio understands that the real risk lies in being cautious and accepting second best.

I'd be over the moon with a point and I think that'd be enough to keep our momentum going into the Villa game. Not many teams beat Everton, they'll have to play badly for us to do so.

Edit: Only Man United and Man City have lost less games this year. What a great record.

Last edited:
With respect this kind of "realism" is why we got into trouble under previous managers, it's too negative di Canio understands that the real risk lies in being cautious and accepting second best.

What fans think and the mentality of the dressing room are two different things.

It is very realistic to think that a team flying in the top 6 will turn us over. Our opinion will have no bearing on the result or the way the team will approach the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd normally be dreading playing Everton, but after Sunday I think we can win.

A point would still do nicely though.

I think the momentum and the atmosphere will have the place rocking. Usually this acts against us but I'm hopeful for a point or more here

What fans think and the mentality of the dressing room are two different things.

It is very realistic to think that a team flying in the top 6 will turn us over. Our opinion will have no bearing on the result or the way the team will approach the game.

Telling the keeper to hoof it and telling the full backs to hold back could be described as realistic but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back