So do SAFC players have Id's on here?

Always laugh when people suggest that they don't think the players will look on here. Obviously not all, some will have no interest, but for most it's only natural. If there was (an incredibly boring!) forum where loads of people were talking about my work I'd obviously look in to see what they're saying. Some who don't view the place probably get shown stuff by others if there's a particularly outlandish thread about them.

I doubt many will bother posting. I'm sure Methven posts mind, a few people have said they've seen him browsing here, and I know he posted on the Oxford forum previously so doubt he'd be able to resist doing the same here.

On a serious note mind, although I'd never suggest not posting an opinion for fear of upsetting a player, I do think it's important to think about what kind of criticism gets posted. As we saw with Leadbitter at the second leg, all the players are only human and we don't know what they might be going through in their personal lives. I'm sure they've learned to brush off normal opinions on their abilities like but always worth thinking before posting
Well said GG. As usual, good common sense.

Question. Do you reckon SAFC players or staff have ID's on here?

There's been a number of incidences where I think the information supplied has to be in the know. Or are they so tight they wouldn't do this?

Thoughts?
Think they've got better things to be doing than reading half the stuff we say on here, especially the muppets. Would be surprised if they even knew about it tbf

Duncan Watmore is GOM

I could do with being about 30 years younger ;)

Always laugh when people suggest that they don't think the players will look on here. Obviously not all, some will have no interest, but for most it's only natural. If there was (an incredibly boring!) forum where loads of people were talking about my work I'd obviously look in to see what they're saying. Some who don't view the place probably get shown stuff by others if there's a particularly outlandish thread about them.

I doubt many will bother posting. I'm sure Methven posts mind, a few people have said they've seen him browsing here, and I know he posted on the Oxford forum previously so doubt he'd be able to resist doing the same here.

On a serious note mind, although I'd never suggest not posting an opinion for fear of upsetting a player, I do think it's important to think about what kind of criticism gets posted. As we saw with Leadbitter at the second leg, all the players are only human and we don't know what they might be going through in their personal lives. I'm sure they've learned to brush off normal opinions on their abilities like but always worth thinking before posting

The lads at RR have confirmed that. Not sure if he posts or not.

Last edited:
I don;t think they're supposed to, but I wouldn't be surprised if some do given the number of players that pass through the average football club over the years.

However, how come sometimes information turns up on here and elsewhere before it even appears in the press. Anonymous IDs, who's to know? :)
You're probably right.

Love,

Joz… I mean, Monk

I'm Tommy Smith or maybe I'm lying as I may be Jack Rodwell hiding behind Tommy Smith!

Back