So do SAFC players have Id's on here?

Sleeves used to post iirc. If not him then his dad or someone like that.

I think that was 'Irishmakem' after we'd been taken over by Drumaville?

There were rumours he was Sleeves or Sleeves uncle.

Used to pop up on Fridays IIRC with constantly kosher info on squad / team line ups and transfers?

I remember someone called 'Germanmakem' having a right go at him because he constantly gave away the line up and was potentially undermining the team if opposition managers were lurking for info.

Was absolutely bizarre to see 2 different nationality SAFC supporters going at each other on a team thread :lol:

There was also a fairly credible rumour that Kevin Kyle and a few of McCarthys team used to lurk, and Kyle told them to 'pay no attention to the sad, negative b*stards online'.

:eek:

Fair point TBH.

:lol:

On a serious note mind, although I'd never suggest not posting an opinion for fear of upsetting a player, I do think it's important to think about what kind of criticism gets posted. As we saw with Leadbitter at the second leg, all the players are only human and we don't know what they might be going through in their personal lives. I'm sure they've learned to brush off normal opinions on their abilities like but always worth thinking before posting
I used to work at a place that made fanzines. When I'd put images in I'd write a daft caption and it'd go off to the editor who would sometimes change it, sometimes leave it in. I didn't write anything nasty or owt, but a couple of times I was reminded the players get copies and they didn't want to print anything that could be taken the wrong way :lol:

Always laugh when people suggest that they don't think the players will look on here. Obviously not all, some will have no interest, but for most it's only natural. If there was (an incredibly boring!) forum where loads of people were talking about my work I'd obviously look in to see what they're saying. Some who don't view the place probably get shown stuff by others if there's a particularly outlandish thread about them.

I doubt many will bother posting. I'm sure Methven posts mind, a few people have said they've seen him browsing here, and I know he posted on the Oxford forum previously so doubt he'd be able to resist doing the same here.

On a serious note mind, although I'd never suggest not posting an opinion for fear of upsetting a player, I do think it's important to think about what kind of criticism gets posted. As we saw with Leadbitter at the second leg, all the players are only human and we don't know what they might be going through in their personal lives. I'm sure they've learned to brush off normal opinions on their abilities like but always worth thinking before posting

I mean you're absolutely right, but a professional footballer at a big club needs to be thick skinned by default really. We could have Ronaldo and Messi and they'd come in for criticism from time to time.

Hopefully anyone who reads this place takes that into account.

Last edited:

Back