1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, barn owls ....

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Reiver, May 19, 2017.

1. You literally have no response and are now posting laughing smilies at your own posts. Absolutely desperate behaviour from a very lonely man. I pity you.

2. sedling

sedling Midfield Contributor

Good luck, you're trying to do the right thing..

3. Give up man Phil :lol: It's been a lot of fun, but haway

4. Or just being incredibly irresponsible. He is asking on a football forum for advice on looking after them ffs.

:lol: fine

5. Reiver

Reiver Winger

I gave you the only response you deserved when I told you to fuck off ..... now, fuck off and pity someone who is on a thread on which they have absoutely nothing to contribute :rolleyes:

6. I'm talon the rspb

Stevie Freestein II and PhilSAFC like this.
  7. 4 times you have told me to fuck off now. Come up with something fresh please.

8. Reiver

Reiver Winger

There are people, all over the country, keeping barn owls in atrocious conditions.

We've created an aviary 30x20 metres with nest boxes, perches, a pond and a constant supply of food.

Yet tossers like Phil are desperate to come on spouting shite because they have absolutely nothing better to do on a Friday night ...... pitiful.

Come up with something fresh because you keep spouting the same tedious drivel .... what a sad little hypocrite :lol:

9. I asked genuine questions and you shot me down. I am actually knowledgable on this subject and could have offered advice. My step dad has kept owls and other birds of prey for years.

10. Reiver

Reiver Winger

Does he ever let you out .........

11. Reiver

Reiver Winger

...... what do you know about them?

It looks like we'll be having some and would appreciate any advice.

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  12. zwartekat

zwartekat Striker

I knew a couple who kept a variety of owls at the top (well up the hill from Felling) of Gateshead. Had a 'aviary' if you could call it that but brought the owls into the house whwn the weather was bad and their 3 cats were terrified of them. They were all 'rescue' owls and looked after well but I wont get into the naturalist debate. Wonderful things and so delicate when you stroke their chest. Almost like they aren't there,

13. My dad has looked after baby goats for years, and you're a goat nonce

fuck off fuck off

end of thread

Reiver and Cowvahlo like this.
  14. Purrfect South

Purrfect South Striker

According to Facebook you're supposed to dress them in stupid clothes, and let them prance about all over you're furniture.

15. vote quimby

vote quimby Striker

Surprised to find they're very easy to hump.

16. Reiver

Reiver Winger

We've been researching them and why their feathers are so soft .... it helps with silent flight apparently.

We've now found a supplier for rats & mice as well as day old frozen chicks.

The head gardener would like to have a Harris Hawk so we're contacting http://birdworld.co.uk/ which is local to us.

They should be able to come over and advise us as to what we can have sharing the aviary.

All exciting stuff and we'll hopefully be able to take any injured wild birds for release when we've brought them back to full health.

17. Reiver

Reiver Winger

Stripey pyjamas, I've heard, is one of the pre-conditions :lol:

Purrfect South likes this.
  18. Purrfect South

Purrfect South Striker

Yep, that's about right.

19. Reiver

Reiver Winger

You're thinking of camels mate, totally different ;)

Purrfect South and vote quimby like this.
  20. Cowvahlo

Cowvahlo Striker

What are you bleating on about now?

Reiver likes this.