Snooker thread

Still gutted for Williams yesterday but his own bloody fault.

Just watching the final to enjoy good snooker, Doherty is an excellent commentator must be the best out there.
edit - Hawkins head has gone, missing a simple Black off the spot there, awful
rather have him in the commentary box than as a pundit. he turns into a waking cliche when there's a camera on him

ken 'widout a shadow of a doubt' doherty

mcmanus is probably the best
I like McManus too but he does tend to just talk non stop. I think Hendry is one of the best, he has great insights but doesnt feel the need to just rabbit on. There's nothing wrong with a bit of silence now and then while play is going on.

I like McManus too but he does tend to just talk non stop. I think Hendry is one of the best, he has great insights but doesnt feel the need to just rabbit on. There's nothing wrong with a bit of silence now and then while play is going on.
im not a big fan of Shaun Murphy either and what's Rob Walker doing commentating these days. I'm undecided on whether he's really good or just over excited

im not a big fan of Shaun Murphy either and what's Rob Walker doing commentating these days. I'm undecided on whether he's really good or just over excited
Murphy is just inherently unlikeable, he always has to have a little whinge about people giving out about him. Stop being a dick and people wont give you shit!

Agreed with walker he's terrible, no place for an MCs voice in the commentary box

I see Phil Spencer has been replaced as mc on a load of events. Hes in a facebook snooker group I go onto, he was saying that they just didnt ask him to a load of events this season.

I think there's someone who posts here that knows him.

McManus tends to over egg the pudding nowadays. Decent shots get the full 'unbelievable' treatment and like you say non stop rabbiting. Hendry is very good and doesn't give a toss about who he upsets. Not frightened to call Ronnie out on some of his antics while others make excuses for him. Neale Foulds excellent too

McManus tends to over egg the pudding nowadays. Decent shots get the full 'unbelievable' treatment and like you say non stop rabbiting. Hendry is very good and doesn't give a toss about who he upsets. Not frightened to call Ronnie out on some of his antics while others make excuses for him. Neale Foulds excellent too
john parrott is canny in the commentary box

dennis taylor is ok but he always, always claims the player got a 'kick' when they just plain miss

Last edited:
Nobody watching the shootout?
Crowd are annoying as fuck but it’s a bit of fun to watch. Was hoping to see Doherty get a good run but he was narrowly beaten in the last 32

Back