Snooker thread

Gods of Snooker was a good watch.

I'd forgotten how big snooker was in the 80's.

The BBC should bring back Pot Black but mix it up so that the old stars of the game play the new stars.

Last edited:
They’re really clutching at straws with the whole tony knowles thing.

“He’s only one win today and two wins tomorrow away”

so he’s three wins away then! f***ing miles away from regaining his place.
Just what I thought 🤣

No surprises so far and I don't expect any. All just former pros regaining their card

Looking at the names qualifying is a bit depressing for snookers long term future with regards to British talent, lots of players who’ve been on tour for years, burden, lines, georgiou and done absolutely nothing.
There was a lad last year can’t remember his name who was 18 who surprisingly qualified, but the amount of time and effort needed to be a top player now, I can only see Chinese players taking over in the next 10 years

Looking at the names qualifying is a bit depressing for snookers long term future with regards to British talent, lots of players who’ve been on tour for years, burden, lines, georgiou and done absolutely nothing.
There was a lad last year can’t remember his name who was 18 who surprisingly qualified, but the amount of time and effort needed to be a top player now, I can only see Chinese players taking over in the next 10 years
Same with Irish players. We haven’t had a decent player come through since O’Brien and Doherty.

Anyone listened to the latest edition of snooker scene podcast? Felt genuinely sorry for Dave Hendon as he explained how he felt he'd been stabbed in the back by his co-host and WST
I havent listened to this yet but I was under the impression it was just a one off, I didn't realise it was permanent.

TBH I'm glad I think McMullen is a know it all pleb....
Just listened to the Dave Hendon podcast. Get the impression he feels slightly let down by McMullen not because he left, but, the way it was done by both parties.

Last edited:

Back