Snooker thread

I simply dont agree. There was a reason Wilson was ahead in the betting to win it over the two of them
You think Kyren Wilson plays at a higher peak level than Shaun Murphy? :lol: :lol: :lol: Murphy has one of the best cue actions of all time. He has won multiple finals against Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby. He destroyed Neil Robertson 10-2 in a Masters final.

Last year he destroyed Wilson 9-1 in the Welsh Open final!
I simply dont agree. There was a reason Wilson was ahead in the betting to win it over the two of them
Form. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Peak Murphy or peak Bingham simply destroy Wilson, as they are much heavier scorers.

Last edited:

You think Kyren Wilson plays at a higher peak level than Shaun Murphy? :lol: :lol: :lol: Murphy has one of the best cue actions of all time. He has won multiple finals against Ronnie O'Sullivan and Mark Selby. He destroyed Neil Robertson 10-2 in a Masters final.

Last year he destroyed Wilson 9-1 in the Welsh Open final!

Form. Form is temporary, class is permanent. Peak Murphy or peak Bingham simply destroy Wilson, as they are much heavier scorers.

So why was Wilson more fancied than the pair? Class isn't permanent either as White and Hendry would have qualified too and Ronnie would still be favourite if he played Trump, Robertson and Selby. Neither Murphy or Bingham are in there prime

So why was Wilson more fancied than the pair? Class isn't permanent either as White and Hendry would have qualified too and Ronnie would still be favourite if he played Trump, Robertson and Selby. Neither Murphy or Bingham are in there prime
If Wilson was being backed heavily by the punters his price would fall. Its not rocket science. Murphy smashed Wilson, yet again. He has a 70% win record against him on Cue Tracker.

Also, Selby has an excellent Crucible record against O'Sullivan going as far back as 2010.

Last edited:
If Wilson was being backed heavily by the punters his price would fall. Its not rocket science. Murphy smashed Wilson, yet again. He has a 70% win record against him on Cue Tracker.

Also, Selby has an excellent Crucible record against O'Sullivan going as far back as 2010.

Its got nowt to do what money was put down. It was because Wilson was considered to be the better player. Ive not once doubted Selbys record against Ronnie at the crucible so I've no idea why you brought that up. My point was class isnt permanent, just cos someone in there prime was a better player than someone else years ago it doesn't mean they are a better player now. Before this championship started Wilson would have been considered a tougher opponent than both Bingham and Murphy

yep, delighted for Selby, nobody deserved it more than him this year, his snooker was fantastic, over the moon for him and hope he goes on to win more now and challenge Hendry's record.

Seniors starting tomorrow I think, that should be good
Particularly looking forward to Dennis Taylor v Barry Pinches. That'll be proper snooker!

Its got nowt to do what money was put down. It was because Wilson was considered to be the better player. Ive not once doubted Selbys record against Ronnie at the crucible so I've no idea why you brought that up. My point was class isnt permanent, just cos someone in there prime was a better player than someone else years ago it doesn't mean they are a better player now. Before this championship started Wilson would have been considered a tougher opponent than both Bingham and Murphy
You said, "Ronnie would still be favourite if he played Trump, Robertson and Selby." I simply don't agree, and would always favour Selby in a Crucible marathon over O'Sullivan. The Ronnie who beat Dott under the tutelage of Reardon would have the best chance against him.

Wilson has never, ever been a better player than Shaun Murphy. The fact is, Murphy has drastically underperformed relative to his talents.

The only players selby has problems with are Robertson and trump both of who are hit and miss at the crucible especially Robertson who hasn’t made the 1 table set up since 2014 but he has beaten selby 6 times in a row since last year’s WC, trump has never lost a multi session match against selby or any match over BO11.
Was hoping for a trump v selby final but trump is so erratic in bigger events compared to the minor ranking tournament tournaments which he has hoovered up in the last 2 years

The only players selby has problems with are Robertson and trump both of who are hit and miss at the crucible especially Robertson who hasn’t made the 1 table set up since 2014 but he has beaten selby 6 times in a row since last year’s WC, trump has never lost a multi session match against selby or any match over BO11.
Was hoping for a trump v selby final but trump is so erratic in bigger events compared to the minor ranking tournament tournaments which he has hoovered up in the last 2 years
Even against Robertson, he has a good record. Trump seems to be his bogeyman, though they have not played each other very much.
Hendry destroys Fagan - no mercy!

Last edited:

Back