Snooker thread

He's miserable and hyper critical in the commentary box tbf
John Higgins used to practice with him. He said Hendry was so tight, he would take back the can of Irn Bru John would take him back to the bar so he could get the 50p back!
Highly doubt it. As much as he played well he's had a cracking draw at thos championship. Wont get close to Hendry or O'Sullivans ranking title records. Ronnie has 20 triple crown event wins. He'll get nowhere near that either
I thought he had a really tough draw Higgins or Williams, Bingham and Murphy were all world champions and tough opponents.

Last edited:
John Higgins used to practice with him. He said Hendry was so tight, he would take back the can of Irn Bru John would take him back to the bar so he could get the 50p back!

I thought he had a really tough draw Higgins or Williams, Bingham and Murphy were all world champions and tough opponents.

Williams was atrocious in the quarters and if you are playing Bingham and Murphy in the semi and final respectively then that is not a hard draw. Former world champions or not Bingham was a qualifier and Murphy had been crap all season.

Selby is a right miserable git. He is a good player obviously but I always want go see him lose.
As already mentioned on here his mother walked out on him when he was 8 years old and his dad died when he was 16. He now openly talks about his mental health struggles and battles with suicidal thoughts. To add to that his father in law who he seen as a father figure died last year. He also says he needs medication and weekly professional help to get by.

As already mentioned on here his mother walked out on him when he was 8 years old and his dad died when he was 16. He now openly talks about his mental health struggles and battles with suicidal thoughts. To add to that his father in law who he seen as a father figure died last year. He also says he needs medication and weekly professional help to get by.
I had a terrible upbringing, seen things no child ever should. I don't have his wealth either but I'm not a miserable git. I honestly turn over whenever I'm watching the snooker and he comes on.

I had a terrible upbringing, seen things no child ever should. I don't have his wealth either but I'm not a miserable git. I honestly turn over whenever I'm watching the snooker and he comes on.
Fair dos mate if you don't like him, wealth will never cure someone of depression mind & nobody with depression has to hide behind a smile.

Williams was atrocious in the quarters and if you are playing Bingham and Murphy in the semi and final respectively then that is not a hard draw. Former world champions or not Bingham was a qualifier and Murphy had been crap all season.
Murphy beat Trump, and Bingham beat McGill, who beat Ronnie. He also beat Ding in the first round. Fact is Selby's draw had him facing Higgins, Ronnie and Trump in a worst case scenario, which is a very tough draw. It's not his fault if the "big guns" get beaten. Selby also had to beat Mark Allan.

Ronnie had the easiest draw, but still managed to fall to McGill, while his first hard match on paper would have been the semis.

Murphy beat Trump, and Bingham beat McGill, who beat Ronnie. He also beat Ding in the first round. Fact is Selby's draw had him facing Higgins, Ronnie and Trump in a worst case scenario, which is a very tough draw. It's not his fault if the "big guns" get beaten. Selby also had to beat Mark Allan.

Ronnie had the easiest draw, but still managed to fall to McGill, while his first hard match on paper would have been the semis.

I'm not saying its Selby's fault but the draw opened right up for him. Bingham and Murphy for your last two games is the stuff of dreams

He didnt come across that way in the final .....just fiercely competitive

yep, delighted for Selby, nobody deserved it more than him this year, his snooker was fantastic, over the moon for him and hope he goes on to win more now and challenge Hendry's record.

Seniors starting tomorrow I think, that should be good

Really? Could have sworn Murphy smashed Wilson in the semis.

Yup - won seven of the last eight frames.

So I take it you think McGill is better than O'Sullivan, Murphy better than Trump etc? The fact is if you said to Selby, O'Sullivan, Trump and Robertson you will play Bingham and Murphy in the semi and final they would have snapped your hand off. Its a dream pair to play to win the biggest tournament in the calendar

So I take it you think McGill is better than O'Sullivan, Murphy better than Trump etc? The fact is if you said to Selby, O'Sullivan, Trump and Robertson you will play Bingham and Murphy in the semi and final they would have snapped your hand off. Its a dream pair to play to win the biggest tournament in the calendar

You are having a mare here Rob lad

No, but I take two former world champions over Wilson any day of the week. Both have a higher level of peak performance. Murphy in particular is a phenomenal player when on song.

Back