Snooker thread

Well done to both players, Murphy played great but Selby just dug in and got over the finishing line - great match, wonderful stuff tbh. Murphy is a very humble dude and spoke brilliantly - great ambassador for the game, I hope that is the start of brighter days for him tbh.

He's a top lad, the abuse from him on here is by lads who just dont understand snooker or life in general.

Ive never met him, but I know a couple of lads who’ve played against him numerous times on the old WPC tour, and none of them say that he’s a “top lad”. He may well be a different bloke now (this was a long time ago), but he was - by all accounts - universally unpopular back then.

That said, he has indeed been dealt a tough hand in life; and nobody can argue that he hasn’t played that hand extremely well/successfully. He’s an out and out winner.

Last edited:
Can people blame him for being miserable his mam abandoned him aged 8 dad died when he was 16, and he's had suicidal thoughts
He lost his father in law last year as well who he was very close to. He says he needs medication to get by and has regular professional help. Imagine going through all that then walking out for a game of snooker to a cauldron of boos.

Can people blame him for being miserable his mam abandoned him aged 8 dad died when he was 16, and he's had suicidal thoughts
aye but he's got a fead fit pool playing wife an he just won .5M . I like him though proper snooker - it's insane the only snooker player left standing is a pool player.
He lost his father in law last year as well who he was very close to. He says he needs medication to get by and has regular professional help. Imagine going through all that then walking out for a game of snooker to a cauldron of boo
that was a disgrace

Last edited:

Back