Snooker thread

earlier bungo bill posted he was a double of Eddie Howe. The lad did get a bit twitchy but the last frame, he flew around the table potting the lot.

i do hope it’s not one of these shock winners, who puts out a top ranked player only to lose their next match.

he is in trumps half of the draw
Who's he got today hopefully he's on TV?

Matthew Stevens. Unlikely he will be on as trump is playing at 230pm as well, so he will be on the tv table

maguire has went out this morning already, Selby got a bye and ding is 4-1 down to a fellow Chinese player
Thats mad, Mark Davis gives a walkover because his cue is stolen. I know just how important a cue is to them but you'd think he'd just give it a bash with another cue

Hill is leading Stevens 1-0 this afternoon, just gone 1-1

trump is demolishing holt 4-0 at the interval

hill beat Stevens 5-3, he now plays yan bingtao tonight

some tasty matches tonight

Allen v Ding

Selby v Bingham

McGill v Wilson rematch

So I’m not sure who will be the tv match as you’ve also got trump and robertson playing.
@Bungo Bill @redandwhiterob @jacko100

could be a cracking night with the line up above

Last edited:
Hill is leading Stevens 1-0 this afternoon, just gone 1-1

trump is demolishing holt 4-0 at the interval

hill beat Stevens 5-3, he now plays yan bingtao tonight

some tasty matches tonight

Allen v Ding

Selby v Bingham

McGill v Wilson rematch

So I’m not sure who will be the tv match as you’ve also got trump and robertson playing.
@Bungo Bill @redandwhiterob @jacko100

could be a cracking night with the line up above
Ding vs Allen would definitely be the one I’d like to see.

Ding vs Allen would definitely be the one I’d like to see.
Agreed. Wilson v mcgill surely cannot be as dramatic as their match at the crucible.

ding came from 4-1 down earlier today, so will take some beating tonight if he is still in the same zone
@jacko100

its Selby v Bingham on the tv table

bingham in with a 147 chance in the first frame. I can’t get a stream working properly

Last edited:
Bingtao ends hills run

wilson beat mcgill

robertson is through as well. Looks like Bingham to beat Selby

ding beat allen

robertson is through

selby has pulled back to 4-4 with bingham

Robertson v Murphy is one qf

another is Trump v Wilson that may have a bit of edge to it.

Last edited:
Murphy v Selby

Trump v Gould

youve got to fancy trump but the other one could go all the way. Best of 11 frames tonight

trump v Gould on the main table for tv

then again it might be Selby v Murphy. They’ve all done walk ons :lol:

its is Selby v Murphy. They tricked me easily

Last edited:
Great tournament victory for Selby in the end. Fair play to him

He must have been gutted after that World championship, Ronnie really got out of jail.

Good to see Selby back at something near his best.

Cheers. didnt know. Now that makes me not happy. I’ll have a look though
Only happened this afternoon, I was shocked he had even entered, despite playing in the last championship league
Only happened this afternoon, I was shocked he had even entered, despite playing in the last championship league
Just seen there’s an item just came on bbc sport dunno how to post link, but he was unwilling to self isolate as part of the tournament rules so withdrew 😳

Last edited:

Just seen there’s an item just came on bbc sport dunno how to post link, but he was unwilling to self isolate as part of the tournament rules so withdrew 😳
Don’t blame him tbh. It’s a bit of a Mickey Mouse tournament. Not like he needs the hassle.

Seems strange he was unwilling to self isolate but was contemplating withdrawing from the WC at the Crucible 2 months ago, citing safety concerns. These Snooker tournaments at Milton Keynes, since the resumption following lockdown, have been highly praised for the safety protocols in place.

Seems like a kop out to me.

Mark Williams also pulled out yesterday and said he may not play in the English Open the week after next. No reason given but he said nothing to do with Covid-19....

Back