Snooker thread

wow fair play to him, wonder what excuse Trump will have this time
Trump was bascially flagging he couldnt be arsed ahead of time anyway and wanted a break before Sheffield. RoS pulled out after a round or two. Its not even on TV is it??

The top 8 and top 4 tour events are going to be Robert Milkins vs Ryan Day or Ali Carter against Gary Wilson or something akin. It doesnt bode well for the future. All of these best of 7 events where you have to win 6 matches in soulless venues to get to the final to make any sort of decent money are clearly not motivating the bigger names.

Congrats to Jimmy though, one of my all time heroes.

Don't mind who wins this. Selby has done great to come back from where he was last year and Pang is a smashing kid who I've had the pleasure of meeting and watching at Dings academy. He was rookie of the year 2 years ago anf has made great strides this season.

Don't mind who wins this. Selby has done great to come back from where he was last year and Pang is a smashing kid who I've had the pleasure of meeting and watching at Dings academy. He was rookie of the year 2 years ago anf has made great strides this season.

Ironically, Pang beating Wilson means Ding qualifies for the tournament in Hull next week. Wilson would have done so if he'd won.

Attendance wise it looks awful. Lack of big names no doubt a major factor

Yeah, not sure how much the tickets are for the first round but I saw someone say earlier they were paying £40 for the semi-final. Surely they can be cheaper than that given the absence of the top, top players as you say?

Tickets for the first round are £27 a session and for both sessions it's £45-51.

Snooker ticket prices are through the roof, mine for the first round at The Crucible are £44 used to be £5 when I first started going 😁

Starting to get excited for going down with the qualifiers starting next week.
Best of 19 each round now I think I really..could be wrong

Starting to get excited for going down with the qualifiers starting next week.
Best of 19 each round now I think I really..could be wrong
Good stuff been going to the Crucible for 25 years, never been to the qualifiers but I do fancy it. It's only £10 a day isn't it? Great value
Who we fancying today? Carter Wilson is a tough one to call, think I just favour the captain on current form but think it'll go pretty close 10-8 10-9

Last edited:

Back