Snooker thread

Scarface Shot Down By Whirlwind Shocker

Doherty was like a different player once they returned after the interval; fair enough Jimmy wasn't playing too badly even though he was 4-0 down but Doherty had a couple of relatively straightforward chances to win it especially when he just needed the blue and pink in Frame 7.

For all the skill levels aren't what they used to be it was still great to see the likes of Dennis Taylor, Joe Johnson and Hendry still having a go. Hopefully the Seniors tour continues to thrive.

Doherty was like a different player once they returned after the interval; fair enough Jimmy wasn't playing too badly even though he was 4-0 down but Doherty had a couple of relatively straightforward chances to win it especially when he just needed the blue and pink in Frame 7.

For all the skill levels aren't what they used to be it was still great to see the likes of Dennis Taylor, Joe Johnson and Hendry still having a go. Hopefully the Seniors tour continues to thrive.
I think that’s what happens to older players. They lose concentration far more easily l. Steve Davis mentioned that as one of the reasons his level dropped.

And the eyesight deterioration I guess too.
Definitely on the eyesight for me. Though the likes of ronnie, Williams and higgins must still have decent sight.

not sure if they have been involved in that sight right thing though which has helped a lot of pros.

Definitely on the eyesight for me. Though the likes of ronnie, Williams and higgins must still have decent sight.

not sure if they have been involved in that sight right thing though which has helped a lot of pros.
Ronnie started it alright after mark williams won the WC using it. Dunno if he’s still doing it or not.

Williams and Ronnie have, Higgins hasn’t I don’t think. Hendry has been using it and looked much better at the seniors.
Ronnie started it alright after mark williams won the WC using it. Dunno if he’s still doing it or not.
I thought he actually used it before Williams. Didn’t they sponsor him for a while?

Last edited:
Williams and Ronnie have, Higgins hasn’t I don’t think. Hendry has been using it and looked much better at the seniors.

I thought he actually used it before Williams. Didn’t they sponsor him for a while?
nah he took it up after Williams after seeing what it did for him. Not sure about the sponsorship

Bingham was the first to bring sight right to prominence, at least as far I can recall when he won his first WC, he then had a fall out with the bloke I think.
I’ve had a look before and there’s not much specific information about what it actually involves, probably so if your interested you shell out some money!

Good luck, it’s a struggle first time back with every part of game to begin with, the balls just won’t go in! But after a few weeks it gets easier, I’m almost bk to where I was playing before lockdown
am actually hoping the break might have done me some good, had been playing pretty well for most of the season but not at my best. still had a touch of the yips though not nearly as bad as I had it a few years ago. hopefully can just go out there and hit them like i know I can!

Back