Snooker thread

Murphy and Gilbert currently playing a decider
Been a strange match. Murphy whizzed to a 4-1 in no time, Gilbert storms back with 200 unanswered points to 4-4

then they swapped frames to the end.
Trump 3-1 higgins at the interval. Both barely missing a shot

i had a look at the odds, trump is 5/4 to win the tournament Selby and Murphy 9/2

selby is in trumps half. Trump looks a winner all over imo, but no bet

Last edited:
Tremendous game, one of the best in recent years. Maguire had Trump on the ropes at 5-4 up but he came out fighting. The clearances to win the last two frames were outstanding.

Really hard luck on Maguire, he couldn't have done much more to beat him.

If it’s played in July I am getting tickets from a mate who can’t make July he can’t get time off work, if it’s June I can’t make it either 🤦‍♂️

Just had this email from The Crucible mate with the proposed re-arranged dates :_

Dear snooker fan,

The Betfred World Snooker Championship has been rescheduled, subject to government policy, to run from Friday 31 July to Sunday 16 August at the Crucible.

Snooker’s biggest tournament was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic but following discussions with key stakeholders including Sheffield City Council, the BBC, Eurosport and Sheffield Theatres, new dates for the World Snooker Championship have been agreed. The dates for the qualifying rounds have yet to be confirmed.

World Snooker’s preference is to stage the event with a full crowd inside the iconic Crucible Theatre, which seats an audience of just under 1,000 spectators. If that is not possible, based on government advice at the time, World Snooker will consider the following options:

• Playing the event with a reduced crowd.
  • Playing the event behind closed doors.
  • Postponing the event to a later date again.

As a ticket holder, your ticket(s) purchased under the original dates will automatically transfer to the same session within the new dates as outlined in the schedule at the bottom of this email. You can also see the table by clicking here.

You do not need to contact anyone to confirm this transfer of your booking and your new tickets will be supplied in the coming months.

Should the 2020 event take place on the new dates but without any public access, we will transfer your tickets over to the 2021 World Snooker Championship at no extra cost, so you still get to enjoy the incredible experience of the Crucible.

If neither of these options are suitable you are entitled to a full refund. We will contact you in the next week to provide information on how to request a refund for all or some of the tickets you have purchased. Please note that if you choose to obtain a refund, you will not be offered an option to transfer your ticket to the 2021 event should this year’s tournament be played behind closed doors.

Please note that you do not need to take any action at this stage. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact the Box Office as we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

The Box Office will contact you to arrange a refund for some or all of your tickets should you require one. If you are happy to maintain your booking at this stage we will transfer your tickets to the new dates and we will be in contact with you once we have more information about how the tournament will proceed this year.

The Rokit World Seniors Snooker Championship, originally planned for the 12 and 15 August , will now be played between the 19 and 22 August. Customers for that tournament will be contacted in due course.

We hope to welcome you to the Crucible Theatre in July 2020.

Best wishes
World Snooker Tour

Just had this email from The Crucible mate with the proposed re-arranged dates :_

Dear snooker fan,

The Betfred World Snooker Championship has been rescheduled, subject to government policy, to run from Friday 31 July to Sunday 16 August at the Crucible.

Snooker’s biggest tournament was postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic but following discussions with key stakeholders including Sheffield City Council, the BBC, Eurosport and Sheffield Theatres, new dates for the World Snooker Championship have been agreed. The dates for the qualifying rounds have yet to be confirmed.

World Snooker’s preference is to stage the event with a full crowd inside the iconic Crucible Theatre, which seats an audience of just under 1,000 spectators. If that is not possible, based on government advice at the time, World Snooker will consider the following options:

• Playing the event with a reduced crowd.
  • Playing the event behind closed doors.
  • Postponing the event to a later date again.

As a ticket holder, your ticket(s) purchased under the original dates will automatically transfer to the same session within the new dates as outlined in the schedule at the bottom of this email. You can also see the table by clicking here.

You do not need to contact anyone to confirm this transfer of your booking and your new tickets will be supplied in the coming months.

Should the 2020 event take place on the new dates but without any public access, we will transfer your tickets over to the 2021 World Snooker Championship at no extra cost, so you still get to enjoy the incredible experience of the Crucible.

If neither of these options are suitable you are entitled to a full refund. We will contact you in the next week to provide information on how to request a refund for all or some of the tickets you have purchased. Please note that if you choose to obtain a refund, you will not be offered an option to transfer your ticket to the 2021 event should this year’s tournament be played behind closed doors.

Please note that you do not need to take any action at this stage. We respectfully ask that you don’t contact the Box Office as we’ll be in touch with you very soon.

The Box Office will contact you to arrange a refund for some or all of your tickets should you require one. If you are happy to maintain your booking at this stage we will transfer your tickets to the new dates and we will be in contact with you once we have more information about how the tournament will proceed this year.

The Rokit World Seniors Snooker Championship, originally planned for the 12 and 15 August , will now be played between the 19 and 22 August. Customers for that tournament will be contacted in due course.

We hope to welcome you to the Crucible Theatre in July 2020.

Best wishes
World Snooker Tour

What a twat the lad who I’m buying the tickets off can make those dates 😂😂

Canny field getting assembled for the revamped championship league starting June 1st. I'd be very surprised if world championships don't go ahead now in a couple of months. Is it August its scheduled for?
31st of July is meant to be kick off. I cannot wait for a game of snooker. This is the longest I’ve gone since I first picked up a cue without having a game. Probably the thing I’m missing most. That and gigs

31st of July is meant to be kick off. I cannot wait for a game of snooker. This is the longest I’ve gone since I first picked up a cue without having a game. Probably the thing I’m missing most. That and gigs
Id played a couple of times a week for the last few year and was just starting to get a bit frustrated with it, so haven’t missed it too much but hopefully I will get urge to play again when we are allowed! Tho could still be a quite a wait😳

I’ve been to work all the way through this pandemic, I was meant to going to Blackpool for my stag do in April, then Mexico in June for my wedding, I’ve never had a day off and I’ve had enough, so when the dates for the worlds is announced I’m putting holidays in from work and I’ll watch the whole lot 😂not bothered if it’s 90 degrees outside I’m watching every shot of this 😂😂

Back