Snooker thread

previously it was down to the discretion of the referee if he felt the player had not made a genuine attempt to escape.

This lead to inconsistency of its application, so they changed to make all attempts a miss if they fail to escape.

Trump squeaked through this afternoon. O’Sullivan v Stevens on now. Don’t know if I’ve told this story before but back around 1995 there was a tournament held at Crowtree Leisure Centre in Sunderland. I got a freebie out of mill view club and the match I saw was Steve Davis v Matthew Stevens . First four frames Davis was very slow and deliberate in his play. Post the interval, before they started, the ref said we were now live on bbc2. With that you could see a noticable change in the pace davis played at, much better flow as he went on to win 5-2.

young Stevens had a sole loose on one of his shoes when he had to stretch. It flopped about.

anyway back to the present day, the shocks still coming, kyren Wilson and mark Allen both beat.

trump is back at 7pm v Martin Gould. Potential ding v higgins match as well. O’Sullivan 1-1 Stevens currently

winner of the O’Sullivan match plays tepchai un nooh. That’ll be a potting fest.

ding confirmed to play higgins tonight. The winners of these play each other

Last edited:
Ding or Higgins v O’Sullivan Friday night, then either Carter or Maflin in the semis

Trump v Donaldson 12pm tomorrow, plays the winner Grace or Yan Bingtao in the semi

if it goes to rankings it will be a Trump v O’Sullivan final again.

Last edited:

now confirmed Ding beats higgins 4-1 and plays O’Sullivan Friday night

matches are starting earlier on Friday afternoon 12pm. Night time session 7pm

main table is getting re surfaced overnight

These tournaments on Quest are a waste of time, what's the point when they don't put the night time session on.
They do over the coming weekend for the semis and final.

trump very impressive v Donaldson 5-1 win, Ali Carter 3-3 with kurt maflin currently

@redandwhiterob @Scotty 1978 @Bungo Bill @jacko100 @Bonzo

been said today if Trump and O’Sullivan get to the final, that’s three years in a row in this tournament they’ve met there.

don’t know if that’s happened in a single tournament before

sorry @JonJon for not tagging you. I’m ancient and forget....even while Im typing, what was that?

Last edited:
They do over the coming weekend for the semis and final.

trump very impressive v Donaldson 5-1 win, Ali Carter 3-3 with kurt maflin currently

@redandwhiterob @Scotty 1978 @Bungo Bill @jacko100 @Bonzo

been said today if Trump and O’Sullivan get to the final, that’s three years in a row in this tournament they’ve met there.

don’t know if that’s happened in a single tournament before

sorry @JonJon for not tagging you. I’m ancient and forget....even while Im typing, what was that?
No worries. I've been out of the loop for a while as far as snooker goes to be honest, not having eurosport/quest. Quite miss it.

Very much looking forward to the UK Championship next week though.

No worries. I've been out of the loop for a while as far as snooker goes to be honest, not having eurosport/quest. Quite miss it.

Very much looking forward to the UK Championship next week though.
That’s on Eurosport only, the first week, then moves to joint bbc and Eurosport the second week.

are you outside the U.K.? If you are not, download the free discovery+ app which you can watch the quest channel for free. Full coverage over the weekend on quest for this current tournament.

That’s on Eurosport only, the first week, then moves to joint bbc and Eurosport the second week.

are you outside the U.K.? If you are not, download the free discovery+ app which you can watch the quest channel for free. Full coverage over the weekend on quest for this current tournament.
Nice one, sorted with Quest for the weekend.

Bit disappointing about the week coming. I had it in my head it was on both from Monday. Oh well, I might see about sorting something out.

Cheers.

Looking forward to tonight's big match. Hope to see Ding play well.
Not a bad start with a ton plus :lol: Game on
Nice one, sorted with Quest for the weekend.

Bit disappointing about the week coming. I had it in my head it was on both from Monday. Oh well, I might see about sorting something out.

Cheers.
You never know, quest may show some of the first week. It’s never been shown before the first week bar on betting apps. So this with Eurosport is a first for the event

well this is a bit good.

ding 2-1 up in 45 mins

2-2 at the interval. Quality with a capital qwer

O’Sullivan now 3-2 up from 0-2.

other match grace 2 - 2 bingtao

O’Sullivan is now 4-2 up. Ding won the first with a ton plus and then the second with 80 odd, missed a relatively straightforward red in the third and the momentum is snowballing hugely to ronnie.

if O’Sullivan wins he plays Ali Carter, not bosom buddies there

Last edited:
Ding's fallen apart. Completely lost his concentration.
It was the pretty simple red in frame 3. Since then, Ronnie has steamrolled him. This looks like the last frame and it is 5-2

grace 3-2 bingtao elsewhere.

grace wins 5-2

semi line up

carter v O’Sullivan

trump v grace.

not sure yet who is on the afternoon or evening session.

Last edited:

Back