Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Looks canny from that, still need to see how it plays as a whole tho (ie whats the AI like, nowt worse than a sneaky about game where the computer spots you constantly and you can even see them pointing their guns at you when you are behind objects).

Well I was right, the AI is shite.

If your with the other sniper and he is running through it (and I mean running) then nothing spots you and your fine. As soon as you are alone you just get spotted constantly, even things shooting at you before you come out from behind buildings and shit.

The grass and shrubs just dont look like they are there and you just move through them, which is probably why the computer can see straight through it and shoot at you, whereas you cant usually see them as your screen is just full of leaves. Now thats not fair in the first instance, but im camoflaged (sp?) up to fuckery and they are not...

The enemy seem to float about too and dont look like they are running about, sometimes they actually fly and moonwalk. Sometimes they are running one direction then all of a sudden they flip their gun at you and start firing, its like wtf!?!? He wasnt even looking this way yet is just popping shots at me.

Apart from all that, the game isnt too bad. Did anyone actually playtest the gameplay???? It really ruins it.

played it a bit more, its not very long.

Some missions are not too bad and canny enjoyable sneaking around the camps and popping people off without getting caught.

Other missions just end up like playing DOOM as you get spotted constantly even when your in insane amounts of cover.

Worth a dabble like, as long as you can put up with the dodgy AI spotting.

Just played this, got utterly shredded on Normal, dropped down to easy and still getting shot to bits.

Cant seem to hide at all, which is a big problem for what is essentially a stealth game.

Basically I get spotted, run away and hide, get into deep undergrowth and quickly get spotted again. The HUD is no use telling you where the enemy is at all.......First level was ok, quite enjoyed the sneaking and sniping but have now given up. I will admit I’m not a very good gamer, but the AI in this is all wrong surely?

Shame like as it was a canny idea and the sniping bit is canny good.

Just played this, got utterly shredded on Normal, dropped down to easy and still getting shot to bits.

Cant seem to hide at all, which is a big problem for what is essentially a stealth game.

Basically I get spotted, run away and hide, get into deep undergrowth and quickly get spotted again. The HUD is no use telling you where the enemy is at all.......First level was ok, quite enjoyed the sneaking and sniping but have now given up. I will admit I’m not a very good gamer, but the AI in this is all wrong surely?

Shame like as it was a canny idea and the sniping bit is canny good.

Aye read my comments above. The AI and whole "stealth" part of it just doesn't work. They have put the trees and shit in but they don't seem to have added the fact that you can hide in them so everything seems to spot you (even when they are just a little dot in the distance).

I completed it, frustrating as fuck cos of the above but if you can get over the shitness of those bits it's alright'ish (mind I had fuck all else to play at the time). Couple of decent levels in amongst it (usually when it's played out with a marra telling you where to go).

Aye read my comments above. The AI and whole "stealth" part of it just doesn't work. They have put the trees and shit in but they don't seem to have added the fact that you can hide in them so everything seems to spot you (even when they are just a little dot in the distance).

I completed it, frustrating as fuck cos of the above but if you can get over the shitness of those bits it's alright'ish (mind I had fuck all else to play at the time). Couple of decent levels in amongst it (usually when it's played out with a marra telling you where to go).

Nope, gave up. Too frustrating. Shame as I did the first level and thought it was canny if a little unforgiving.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back