Sneechs Friday Top 5 - The Buzzcocks

1 - What Do I Get
2 - Autonomy
3 - I Don't Mind
4 - Late For The train
5 - Love Is Lies

John Maher has got to be in the top three of Punk Drummers with Topper and Clem Burke.

1 - What Do I Get
2 - Autonomy
3 - I Don't Mind
4 - Late For The train
5 - Love Is Lies

John Maher has got to be in the top three of Punk Drummers with Topper and Clem Burke.

It's one aspect of The Buzzcocks that always seems to get ignored, the drumming is nigh perfect, rapid, with little in the way of excessive frills, and plenty of cymbal flicking (copyright some music mag I read and it always sticks in my head)

As I've already said I'm no Buzzcocks expert - I have Singles/Going Steady and have seen them live once - but surely even their biggest fan would still have to include Ever Fallen In Love in their top 5. If you haven't, you're trying way too hard.
Thanks for that. It was their 5th or 6th single, not counting Spiral Scratch, most commercial & not even in my top 10, but you seem to want to judge

Just keeping you right marra. It's not easy this music lark. The less enlightened do tend to struggle.
This is the SMB at it's finest. A poster who freely admits to not being a huge Buzzcocks fan, only has their greatest hits album, saw them live once then criticises fans who scoured record shops, attended proper dives to see them, ordered records, (vinyl!) from dodgy mail order sites in even dodgier fanzines & then have the audacity to not put the song he's heard of into a top 5!

WATTBA...

This is the SMB at it's finest. A poster who freely admits to not being a huge Buzzcocks fan, only has their greatest hits album, saw them live once then criticises fans who scoured record shops, attended proper dives to see them, ordered records, (vinyl!) from dodgy mail order sites in even dodgier fanzines & then have the audacity to not put the song he's heard of into a top 5!

WATTBA...
:lol::lol: ;)

Promises,
16 Again,
Love Is Lies
Nothing Left,
Ever Fallen In Love

Truly gutted.

Whilst all of my mates were into the pistols, the damned, the clash etc, (none of which I minded, of course), it was always the Buzzcocks, The Stranglers and Costello for me.

Just far more tuneful.

What’s this arsegonk going on about now?!?

1. Harmony in my Head
2. Orgasm Addict
3. What Do I Get
4. Boredom
5. Homosapien (not strictly Buzzfocks but a great Pete Shelley tune)

Now there's a tune, if ever there was one.

Back