Sneechs Friday Top 5 - The Buzzcocks

They were probably my fave band from the era. They rose above the fashionable noise of a lot of the bands and have stood the test of time.

Fantastic tunes with clever lyrics. In fairness most of the earliest bands were pretty decent as they came through the Pub circuit etc but then it changed into as you say the fashionable noise.

As I've already said I'm no Buzzcocks expert - I have Singles/Going Steady and have seen them live once - but surely even their biggest fan would still have to include Ever Fallen In Love in their top 5. If you haven't, you're trying way too hard.

As I've already said I'm no Buzzcocks expert - I have Singles/Going Steady and have seen them live once - but surely even their biggest fan would still have to include Ever Fallen In Love in their top 5. If you haven't, you're trying way too hard.

I wasn't going to.

It's probably not one of my current Top 5 songs of theirs but then I relented and decided it had to be in.

Never underestimate music snobs :lol:

Or people who have heard it a billion times and like some of their other songs better

I’d contribute but couldn’t name a single track. :-(

Just google them, it's what @mini-x2 will be doing!

I wasn't going to.

It's probably not one of my current Top 5 songs of theirs but then I relented and decided it had to be in.

Or people who have heard it a billion times and like some of their other songs better

Just google them, it's what @mini-x2 will be doing!
There's very good reason for that though. ;)

Back