Snarwatch Winter 2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain cleared the last of the snow away today and now it's snowing heavy again in Leicester

No snow here but it rained today and then turned freezing cold again. We took the dogs out about 7pm and we were sliding all over the paths. The bairn normally gives tasks like jumping challenges but she said she wasn't going to give me any today for health and safety reasons :lol:

neeee white xmas

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lon...tures-set-to-hit-double-figures-a3719616.html

A “tropical” Christmas is expected in the UK with temperatures set to hit double figures, forecasters predict.

Although freezing weather will remain for the rest of the week, by early next week a tropical maritime air mass will move in, causing temperatures to climb.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/educatio...ondon-apologises-dreaming-white-campus-tweet/

University College London has apologised after its "dreaming of a white campus" tweet was deemed to be racist.

The university said it was sorry and had chosen its words "very poorly", following a backlash from those who interpreted the message as an offensive remark.

On Monday, the university posted a message on its official Twitter account which said: “Dreaming of a white campus? Our campuses will be open and operating fully today, Monday 11 December, so please make your way in as planned

University College London has apologised after its "dreaming of a white campus" tweet was deemed to be racist.

The university said it was sorry and had chosen its words "very poorly", following a backlash from those who interpreted the message as an offensive remark.
humour & "official" twitter accounts dont mix...

leave it to the likes of totg to make humour waves on twitter...

Decent amount here daarn saarf, still coming down too.

Lots of white stuff here reports of M1 and A14 shut no way am I setting out just to sit in jams

Just about to drive to work in Sheels but it all looks fine. Just been a traffic report on Radio 2 and most roads seem fine m1 south is closed due to an accident and a14 due to a jacknifed lorry. Nowt special apart from that.

Lots of white stuff here reports of M1 and A14 shut no way am I setting out just to sit in jams

I'm in Nottingham and our stretch of the M1 is clear... no bloody snow here at all - think we're forecast a bit of sleet at the most. Seems to kick in south of here as you get down through Leicestershire.

from gateshead to durham it was all fine, deckchair weather by the looks of things...

couple of lads who drive in from teeside reckon the likes of stockton is white, i assume they're talking about snar...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back