Snarwatch Winter 2017 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

About 4 inches here in SG1 in leafy Hertfordshire. Minor roads are like shite with cars stuck all over. Think the major roads are ok now, but I'm having a day at home. Still snowing as well

slushy as hell round my way. roads are clear now but footpaths trecherous.

never got below 0 last night so that was a saving grace otherwise it would have been a nightmare.

saw some twat driving on clear roads this mornign at 5mph with chains on his little renault with loads of traffic behind him

slushy as hell round my way. roads are clear now but footpaths trecherous.

never got below 0 last night so that was a saving grace otherwise it would have been a nightmare.

saw some twat driving on clear roads this mornign at 5mph with chains on his little renault with loads of traffic behind him
I thought putting chains on your tyres was illegal here?

I thought putting chains on your tyres was illegal here?

I dont know but he looked liek a stupid twat. I could see him trundling towards me with a back log of traffic.. I thought he was driving on a flat at first.

I have some chains in the garage that Ibought for when I used to drive to Austria.. they have never been out the case.

anyone want to buy them

here is your answer

The use of snow chains is legal in the UK, as long as they are not used in a manner that will damage the road surface. This means snow chains must only be used on snow-covered roads and need to be removed when driving on a tarmac surface.

What's it like along seaburn/roker. Trying to find somewhere I can run without slipping on my arse

Just a dusting of snow last night, but temperature was -4 first thing this morning, so frozen solid. Main roads totally clear though.

It's gone from - 4 to zero degrees this morning. My car windscreen washer hasn't thawed out yet. Roads are fine though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back