Smoking

My single biggest regret in life, smoking from age 13 to 48.. luckily saw sense and been off them 7 years now.

I cannot believe a) The money I wasted and b) That I used smell like smokers do to me now.. Knock a fly off a bucket of shite.

good on you, you probably arent far off being equivalent risks on health as a non smoker

Eh. You don't make sense.

Smoking stinks. End of. You obviously disagree.

Makes perfect sense. Other people are not a comparator.

What made you think that I disagreed? My statement is that people who give up smoking are much more sensitive to the smell than they were before smoking - you've called bullshit on it and provided zip evidence as to why you think it is bullshit. The fact you find cigarette smoke offensive in no way disproves my claim. Now, if you fancy taking up smoking for a few years, then giving up and reporting back, that might do it ;)

Was on a course the other week that was run by a senior respiratory nurse.
Never seen anyone hate smoking as much. She reckons if you smoke 20 pack years (20 a day for 20 years or equivalent) you're a knocking bet for COPD.
She reckons it's almost impossible for never in their life smokers to contract (barring industrial causes) .
Counted mine up on the spot and I fall short (not by much mind), nearly 60 now and I still blow well on the jogger so fingers crossed, .

When I was growing up I always thowt me da would have ended up dying of lung cancer. He was such a heavy smoker he'd sometimes light another fag up with the one he was just finishing.

When I was growing up I always thowt me da would have ended up dying of lung cancer. He was such a heavy smoker he'd sometimes light another fag up with the one he was just finishing.
Aye my dad was like that. Never thought of him dying when I was a bairn though, it was the sixties mind no one thought much of it, the bloody doctors used to smoke in the surgery.
He did die of lung cancer in the end at 73 but knowing my dad if you asked him he would have said fair deal.
I packed in when he got cancer.
Hope your dad's as comfortable as possible and is managing it as best he can.

I don't know that many people who smoke these days

few in the pub but barely any friends

grew up in a haze with mam, dad, neighbours, eldest brother and sister in the house smoking away.. add to that the coal fire.

ridiculous to think of that now
Me too. I've never tried it either. Mother COPD, dad died of neck CA. House was painted every year as the walls were yella, our GP smoked during appointments and the pubs were rank. I've always hated smoking but at last it has become socially unacceptable

Nicotin is a good drug IMO, can relax people and can fight against Alzheimers also. It has various other benefits for the brain.

The problem is the input method - smoking leads to tar and a whole pile of other shite, its just a death sentence really.

Aye it can.
I've read shit tons of studies into vaping as part of my job. There's fuck all to suggest passive vaping is a health concern.

The day and hour there is anything recognised by people that aren't trying to make a name for themselves with very small studies I'll sharp change my tune.

There's an evidence review due out from PHE by the end of the year, perhaps there will be something they pick up, there's certainly nothing of note today.

Just stuck my head into a smoke hut to speak to someone, why the fuck do people still do this manky habit?
Makes you stink. Makes your breath honk. Makes you age prematurely.
Plus that cancer carry- on, surely people value life more than sucking on a tube full of chemicals?
No better or worse than drinking .

I've read shit tons of studies into vaping as part of my job. There's fuck all to suggest passive vaping is a health concern.

The day and hour there is anything recognised by people that aren't trying to make a name for themselves with very small studies I'll sharp change my tune.

There's an evidence review due out from PHE by the end of the year, perhaps there will be something they pick up, there's certainly nothing of note today.
Smokers are pillocks but vapers are pretentious pillocks.

23,500 alcohol related deaths in England in 2015. Was good for them.

Don't get me wrong, there were around 80k smoking attributable deaths that year, let's not pretend there aren't health problems related to alcohol though.

true. let me amend -moderate drinking is good for you. proven benefits.

23,500 alcohol related deaths in England in 2015. Was good for them.

Don't get me wrong, there were around 80k smoking attributable deaths that year, let's not pretend there aren't health problems related to alcohol though.
Saw a bloke (admittedly coming out of Shields Iceland) with a can in one hand whilst trying to light a fag with the other.

Come on own up, who was it?

Back