Smoking

Just stuck my head into a smoke hut to speak to someone, why the fuck do people still do this manky habit?
Makes you stink. Makes your breath honk. Makes you age prematurely.
Plus that cancer carry- on, surely people value life more than sucking on a tube full of chemicals?

I agree with you, however nicotine is a very addictive substance,

Interdisciplinary research in pharmacology, psychology, physiology and neurobiology is just beginning to shed light on the incredible hold that tobacco has on people. Scientists have found, for instance, that nicotine is as addictive as heroin, cocaine or amphetamines, and for most people more addictive than alcohol.29 Mar 1987 New York Times

I agree with you, however nicotine is a very addictive substance,

Interdisciplinary research in pharmacology, psychology, physiology and neurobiology is just beginning to shed light on the incredible hold that tobacco has on people. Scientists have found, for instance, that nicotine is as addictive as heroin, cocaine or amphetamines, and for most people more addictive than alcohol.29 Mar 1987 New York Times
In other news, Princess Di has died, the Twin Towers was hit by terrorists, and JFK has been shot :D

i have sat in a pub with my mate, and he asked the landlord, and he was vaping for most of the night, i thought this wasn't a problem, and now it is ?
It's not illegal, some pubs allow it, others don't. I just vape in pubs until told not to. Its easier to plead ignorance than ask permission.

Even if you don't find the smell bad, I expect you notice it more than simple non-smokers. Ex-smokers seem to pick up the smell like a bloodhound.
For a good year after I quit it was like I could smell a tab from 100 paces.

It's not illegal, some pubs allow it, others don't. I just vape in pubs until told not to. Its easier to plead ignorance than ask permission.
Cretinous, typical smoker's behaviour- no consideration for people around you. I bet you steal all the toiletries from hotels anarl, you shitehouse

Cretinous, typical smoker's behaviour- no consideration for people around you. I bet you steal all the toiletries from hotels anarl, you shitehouse
It's not typical smokers behaviour. You'd be hard pressed to find a smoker that could plead ignorance about the law on smoking indoors.

interesting point, i honestly thought this wasn't a problem as when ive been drinking with my mate, nothing has ever been said. guess it must be different in other parts of the UK, but of course i can only go from my own experiences, interesting however.

indeed, both are bad for peoples health the best course is to quit. or not start in the first place

most of them are vaping really sweet stinks.. I really don't want anyone next to me in the pub doing it.. smells like the pick and mix in woolies

Smoking is banned indoors because it's harmful to those around the smoker, the same can't be said for vaping. Whether the smell bothers you or not is irrelevant.

Since the smoking ban, loads of non-smokers now permanently stand outside with their few smoking friends. In London, you'd think they are at more danger from the traffic fumes these days than they used to be from passive smoking in the pub.

most of them are vaping really sweet stinks.. I really don't want anyone next to me in the pub doing it.. smells like the pick and mix in woolies

I went and tried a few cape flavours the other week and was really happy with some guava and blueberry one that I bought loads of until my missus (no) pointed out it smells of rainbow nerds. Can't actually smoke it since she said that - all I can smell is bloody nerds.

I'm done growing. Pass the bensons
Haven't got any mate. Threw a packet with 18 in out of the car window in '92 and that was it for me. 3 out of 4 parents and parents in law getting lung cancer in one year (the three that smoked) was enough for me.
With the best intentions in the world you're a bright boy who likes logic and evidence, do your self and your family a favour.

Back