Smoking partner

One of my mates has been hiding the fact that he smokes from his wife. He has been getting away with it for 25 years.
Makes a mockery of the people who insist all smokers stink. No, only some smokers stink. And some people have much more sensitive noses than others. My parents didn’t know I smoked for years.

Would you say it's been a life changing / eye opening decision mate?

I've smoked for roughly 12-13 years now and feel ill off it at the age of 27. I do plenty exercise and that but sometimes find myself in bed struggling to get proper breaths in.

Stopped a few times for 6 weeks at a time (due to abstaining from alcohol) but always end up back on them as soon as I drink.
I managed to fully quit a few years back after years of managing to go a few weeks then as soon as drink flowed I’d bum a couple then next thing was buying a pack.

This time I was out for a drink with workmates and was ready to kill for a tab. I finished my first pint and went straight to a vap shop and got one of the pod vapes and it got me over that hurdle and the next few months worth of hurdles. I don’t use it anymore but know it’s there if need be.

I do still smoke cigars occasionally and have my own humidor (not a Tory) but haven’t craved a tab for a few years now.

Anyone else on here a non smoker with a cigarette smoking partner. My 35 yr old wife, smokes a lot, I’ll never get it.... always looking to light up. And I’m sure she’s getting more breathless/ winded from light exercise. Now I’m not bothered about her being a smoker from my point of view, but don’t smokers realise their consumption and breathlessness?
Lad at works Lass smokes and he doesn’t.I asked him if she has ever give him a blow job /PBW while smoking a tab.He said”nor!” Which I thought was a f***ing lie.

She sounds like a right babe
Tbh, and I’m obviously biased she is really a babe and very pretty, and unlike some mentioned on here, has been lucky enough to keep looking young.

Nice double , the prospect of emphysema and type 2 Diabetes.

Not really diabetes inducing weight lol, just a bit’o’ padding all over.

Must admit, I couldn’t live with a smoker. I’m far from tight, but the cost would do my head in.

I know someone that spends close to £100 a week on tabs which frankly is mental
I try not to think of the money, we’re not on a budget per say, but I bet we’re not far off that £100 mark .... but how much do I spend on a match weekend, probably that.

But just remember one thing. Your body is not as dependent on it as you may think.
You can do without a tab for 8/9/10 hours a day and that's just sleeping.
If your body was in full craving you would be waking up every hour for a Smoke.

.... I didn’t mention the cigarette she usually has at 2am....

Some great insight on here, cheers for that, just don’t think she’s ready to quit. And says the vape just doesn’t do it for her.

.... so went for a walk in the Cheviots today, easy going I thought, but was shocked how breathless Mrs DS was ... like scary breathless walking up hills, and asking to stop to catch a breather, yet fine to light up throughout the walk (responsibly disposing of litter when back home).

Might be worth pushing her into a harder walk and scaring her into quitting!

She sounds a catch ;)
you’d be allowarra mucker, a right cutie.

Last edited:
Tbh, and I’m obviously biased she is really a babe and very pretty, and unlike some mentioned on here, has been lucky enough to keep looking young.

Not really diabetes inducing weight lol, just a bit’o’ padding all over.

I try not to think of the money, we’re not on a budget per say, but I bet we’re not far off that £100 mark .... but how much do I spend on a match weekend, probably that.

.... I didn’t mention the cigarette she usually has at 2am....

Some great insight on here, cheers for that, just don’t think she’s ready to quit. And says the vape just doesn’t do it for her.

.... so went for a walk in the Cheviots today, easy going I thought, but was shocked how breathless Mrs DS was ... like scary breathless walking up hills, and asking to stop to catch a breather, yet fine to light up throughout the walk (responsibly disposing of litter when back home).

Might be worth pushing her into a harder walk and scaring her into quitting!

you’d be allowarra mucker, a right cutie.
Vape doesn’t compare to a tab but got me through the first 3 months. I wanted to quit though. When she’s ready she’ll find her method for doing it.

Mind I am having a Montecristo Petit Edmundo while I type this :)

Desperate to stop myself. Smoke 20 a day and enjoy 1 tab a day max. The other 19 I'm stood there feeling guilty and hating what I'm doing. Last time I stopped I went on to a vape. My vape broke then I bought a packet of tabs straight away.

I'm starting to get a bit breathless now and paying £9.30 for a packet of 20 I have no idea how I actually afford it. I just find a way. Allen Carr's stop smoking book is due to be delivered in the next day or 2 so fingers crossed it'll work for me.

Desperate to stop myself. Smoke 20 a day and enjoy 1 tab a day max. The other 19 I'm stood there feeling guilty and hating what I'm doing. Last time I stopped I went on to a vape. My vape broke then I bought a packet of tabs straight away.

I'm starting to get a bit breathless now and paying £9.30 for a packet of 20 I have no idea how I actually afford it. I just find a way. Allen Carr's stop smoking book is due to be delivered in the next day or 2 so fingers crossed it'll work for me.
A friend of mine is similar. He’s gone to having 1 with his morning coffee (which I assume is the “enjoyable” one) and vapes through the rest of the day. It seems to be working for him although I’ve not seen him for about a month.

A friend of mine is similar. He’s gone to having 1 with his morning coffee (which I assume is the “enjoyable” one) and vapes through the rest of the day. It seems to be working for him although I’ve not seen him for about a month.

I'd rather stop all together than vape. I was vaping constantly. I'd rather just break the cycle all together. I've got 2 tabs in my box left and have given my card to my lass who's at work. I don't see her till Tuesday with the way our shifts are going so I'm attempting cold turkey for the next couple days. Have downloaded a few apps for support.

If not I'll read Allen carrs book and give that a go.

I'd rather stop all together than vape. I was vaping constantly. I'd rather just break the cycle all together. I've got 2 tabs in my box left and have given my card to my lass who's at work. I don't see her till Tuesday with the way our shifts are going so I'm attempting cold turkey for the next couple days. Have downloaded a few apps for support.

If not I'll read Allen carrs book and give that a go.
You need tabs to go through the Allen Carr book. You've got to continue smoking throughout reading the book for it to work, which it does for some people.

Hypnotherapy was what ultimately did it for me (despite me being a cynical fucker who initially mocked the very idea of it as "new age shite").

Makes a mockery of the people who insist all smokers stink. No, only some smokers stink. And some people have much more sensitive noses than others. My parents didn’t know I smoked for years.

My mother in law and my best mate are “secret” smokers. It’s hilarious that either of them think we don’t know, but we all play along.

Quit 7 years ago and the best thing I ever did. I was 20+ a day, 40 if on a night out.

cant believe if I was going out and you would need to get a taxi and tabs you had spent £20 before you had even stepped foot in the bar.

The NHS quit smoking app is good as you put in what you spend daily on tabs and watching it mount up as money saved is eye watering.

I tried to broach the subject last night, but it was shut down pretty quickly with “I’m not even going to talk about it, you know what I’m about, I’ve smoked since I was 14.” as she lit another cigarette. So I guess that is that, until I drag her on another walk next weekend to prove a point.

Logon or register to see this image

I tried to broach the subject last night, but it was shut down pretty quickly with “I’m not even going to talk about it, you know what I’m about, I’ve smoked since I was 14.” as she lit another cigarette. So I guess that is that, until I drag her on another walk next weekend to prove a point.

Logon or register to see this image
If she’s in that frame of mind they’ll be no point even trying. Have to be ready or it won’t work. It’s bad like if she’s gasping on a walk though. That’s not good!
Does she smoke in the house?

Back