Smoking partner

I’m sure I’ve posted this about a million times, but a couple of years back I was at a kid’s birthday party and a girl I went to school with was there. She had a newborn baby with her but was going out for a fag at least once every 45mins. She would have been 32 or 33 at the time and would easily have passed for being over 40 - I got a bit of a shock when I saw her because I hadn’t seen her since school.

I remember years ago at my old local there was a women who got in, I'm sure she was in early 60's. Turns out she was about 48. Mind it probably didn't help that she also dressed like an old biddy anarl.

Also look at the Spice Girls. Mel C used to get all the stick for being the ugly one. Fast forward 25 years & she's the one who's aged the best. Only one who has never smoked (although I think some of them have since given up)

I quit over 7 years ago but still have dreams where I'm back on the tabs. I go through that "oh fuck I'll have to go through the packing-them-in shit again".

f***ing great when I wake up

My lass smoked, gave up during pregnancies, but soon went back (mostly due to the lasses she worked with being heavy smokers).

She'd tried vaping but constantly complained of leaks, loss of power, going flat etc.
So I took her to a decent vape shop spent about half an hour in there talking to the bloke and we got her kitting up properly.
I clean it, I buy the liquid and I make sure it's constantly charged and change the coils etc.

The result, she kicked the weed and is now happier with the vape as she says it's easier to have a quick drag on it at work, without a full 10 minutes outside.
She did have one wobble a couple of new years evenings ago when she asked if she could try a fag again.
Initially I thought, no way, but then I thought, well lets see how this plays out.

She was back in 60 seconds later saying it was disgusting and couldn't understand how she managed to get through 20 a day.

The vape is used less and less now, but as it smells of fruit, she's like a walking air freshener.

Also look at the Spice Girls. Mel C used to get all the stick for being the ugly one. Fast forward 25 years & she's the one who's aged the best. Only one who has never smoked (although I think some of them have since given up)
Ignoring the whole smoking thing (although it’s no doubt a factor in quite a few cases), I’m finding it quite common for girls my age who I thought were stunning in their early 20s to be looking pretty rough now we are mid 30s. By contrast a lot of the girls who were considered “just ok” back then are the ones who are most attractive now we are in our 30s. A mate of mine once used a milk/whisky analogy to describe it.

Last edited:
Life is dictated by tabs if you are a smoker, more so a secret smoker, when can you fit one in and I’ll have one before a meeting or something coming up.
I’m glad I’m off them, I understand how hard it is to give up on them. It is possible for anyone
you need a robust system to effectively manage a nicotine habit it's true iirc mate

Confession

My lass smokes. To my regret I decided to start again during lockdown. I say, decided, God knows why

Now its doubly hard to stop again

Life is dictated by tabs if you are a smoker, more so a secret smoker, when can you fit one in and I’ll have one before a meeting or something coming up.
I’m glad I’m off them, I understand how hard it is to give up on them. It is possible for anyone
That sounds more like a dope smoker than a tab smoker to me. This is what I don’t get, being a casual smoker. I have no desire to have one unless I’ve got a drink in my hand or it’s late at night. 23 hours of the day I have no interest.
People say you should quit, and I might agree if it had a grip of me like you describe above, but it’s just my little treat before bed or on the pop.

Yeah, went out with a lass who smoked.
She had absolutely massive t*ts so i let her off. Pics? Yeah in the loft somewhere.

P.s I only answered the first question.
The rest, make her stop they're doing her nee good.
If someone tried to “make me” stop I’d tell them to fuck off. It’s her life.
My lass smoked, gave up during pregnancies, but soon went back (mostly due to the lasses she worked with being heavy smokers).

She'd tried vaping but constantly complained of leaks, loss of power, going flat etc.
So I took her to a decent vape shop spent about half an hour in there talking to the bloke and we got her kitting up properly.
I clean it, I buy the liquid and I make sure it's constantly charged and change the coils etc.

The result, she kicked the weed and is now happier with the vape as she says it's easier to have a quick drag on it at work, without a full 10 minutes outside.
She did have one wobble a couple of new years evenings ago when she asked if she could try a fag again.
Initially I thought, no way, but then I thought, well lets see how this plays out.

She was back in 60 seconds later saying it was disgusting and couldn't understand how she managed to get through 20 a day.

The vape is used less and less now, but as it smells of fruit, she's like a walking air freshener.
I’m struggling with the vape like. It hits the back of my throat on any setting, and I can’t get a hit out of it like you can a tab. It never makes you feel light headed or satisfied afterwards.

Last edited:
Tabs are bad. I certainly couldn't imagine having one in the house now.

I quite fancy one with a beer or out for a walk every now and then, but I stopped ages ago so the thought leaves as quick as it came.

Mmmmm tabs. :cool:

I couldn't live with a smoker, the smell, the cost and the yellow ceiling, just awful.
Same here.
I would never have a partner who smoked.
I wouldn't care a jot, if she farted for the UK in bed, or swore like a docker, but smoking is definitely a no-no for me.

Back