Smoking partner

Anyone else on here a non smoker with a cigarette smoking partner. My 35 yr old wife, smokes a lot, I’ll never get it.... always looking to light up. And I’m sure she’s getting more breathless/ winded from light exercise. Now I’m not bothered about her being a smoker from my point of view, but don’t smokers realise their consumption and breathlessness?

Anyone else on here a non smoker with a cigarette smoking partner. My 35 yr old wife, smokes a lot, I’ll never get it.... always looking to light up. And I’m sure she’s getting more breathless/ winded from light exercise. Now I’m not bothered about her being a smoker from my point of view, but don’t smokers realise their consumption and breathlessness?
Life is dictated by tabs if you are a smoker, more so a secret smoker, when can you fit one in and I’ll have one before a meeting or something coming up.
I’m glad I’m off them, I understand how hard it is to give up on them. It is possible for anyone

Yeah, went out with a lass who smoked.
She had absolutely massive t*ts so i let her off. Pics? Yeah in the loft somewhere.

P.s I only answered the first question.
The rest, make her stop they're doing her nee good.

Last edited:
Aye, that's why I stopped. It's easy to put off quitting though, if you've smoked for years another few days won't make much difference. I smoked for 28 years and was trying to stop for 10 of them (Most of the time in a half arsed way)
Lol, yeah, but she just shays she loves it and doesn’t count how many, and blames breathlessness on the extra timber, I mean curves she’s carrying
Smokers always say stuff like this to pretend they smoke because they want to and they are in control. Some cigs are lush but the majority you just smoke to make the craving go away and aren't particularly enjoyable. Deep down they know it's doing them no good but may find it too difficult to stop or are scared of life without them, they become your friend and it's hard to imagine them not being there.

They make you do stupid things. One of the things I used to do if I'd managed to get myself off them for a few weeks, would be reward myself with a 10 pack :lol: . My thinking would be that after a few weeks off I could have 10 without getting back on them. This would generally work, but because I'd got away with it I would treat myself to another 10 a few weeks later. Obviously I would keep pushing my luck until I started craving them again and then I was back on them. I did this on numerous occasions, knowing what would happen but just doing exactly the same thiing anyway.

Last edited:
My wife smoked when I met her. She genuinely didn't realise exactly how much it was costing or what it was doing to her.

She quit when she found out she was pregnant, and much to my surprise never went back to it. Ask her now why she smoked and she "doesn't know".

It never bothered me really. Except for the fact that a cigarette took priority over everything. She wouldn't smoke in the car, but as soon as we parked up she would light up before doing anything. She didn't even realise she was doing it. Park car at supermarket, light up and then we'd wait around for her to finish her fag before we would go into the shop. Or I would be ready to leave a restaurant, andshe would decide "I need a fag before we go".

Nothing was ever a rush if there was a cigarette.

As an ex smoker I feel I can answer this.
It's always on your mind that you're coughing and out of breath when doing light work, never mind heavy work. There wasn't a week went by that I wished I could give up.....but....my mind was simply in a moment and the rest of the time was spend lighting up and getting more wheezy and generally smoking more.
The trouble is, you accept what's happening to you....as daft as that sounds.
You trudge through everyday in acceptance.
You only realise how bad you were when you actually stop......and I mean, stop.

She had absolutely massive t*ts so i let her off. Pics? Yeah in the loft somewhere.

You sound like a reasonable man, very fair :lol:

Off you go then.

Back