Smoking ban on NHS property

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you assume 1 in 5 meant just England? If anything it would be for the whole of the UK unless otherwise specified no? You must have been sure I meant England otherwise you'd not have been so confident in calling me out for "alternative facts".

Any nice flavours?

Tobacco

Moo is a natural athlete :cool: Imagine if he trained loads and cut out the tabs :eek: All the healthy living fitness freaks on here must be rather disheartened :(

Depending on who you ask, smoking revenue is higher than smoking expenditure

fair point we would need to deduct the cost of smoking related illnesses from the 12Bn. 2.7Bn in 2006 according to google. So very very roughly it seems to be a net contributor.

Walking through a cloud of it, when you're probably poorly or visiting someone who's poorly, isn't he st getting a waft of it.

You wouldn't need to if there was a smoking shelter situated nearby. Which was my suggestion. I would think the diesel fumes that were breathed in on the way would have a much more detrimental to health. It is a waft and people could always hold their breath for 2 seconds.

Just over the top reaction IMHO.

You wouldn't need to if there was a smoking shelter situated nearby. Which was my suggestion. I would think the diesel fumes that were breathed in on the way would have a much more detrimental to health. It is a waft and people could always hold their breath for 2 seconds.

the amount of fumes outside a school on a morning for example

While the normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute, conditioned athletes and other highly fit individuals might have normal resting heart rates of 40 to 60 beats per minute. This indicates a high level of cardiovascular fitness. Gender is another factor in resting heart rate norms because women at various fitness levels tend to have higher pulse rates on average than men of comparable fitness levels. For example, the average resting heart rate of an elite 30-year-old female athlete ranges from 54 to 59 beats per minute, while the resting heart rate for men of the same age and fitness level ranges from 49 to 54, according to the YMCA's "Y's Way to Fitness."

He's even beat the elite 30 year old male athletes :lol:

I smoked for 20 years and was the world's worst arrogant smoker. Saw my Dad die of lung cancer, so now I'm the world's worst ex smoker :evil::lol:

@Mackem00 or should I say Mackem48?

For real though that's a really low heart rate and about two thirds of mine
It is possible although I don't know about the effect of tabs on your heart rate. My resting heart rate in my late 40s was in the late 40s. The betablockers ensure it doesn't shift from there now.

But then the joke would only work if you'd said it to a fatty (and even then, you'd have been relying on a fatty saying it in the first place, which is unlikely). You didn't think it through marra.
I was implying you're a fatty that was the joke. You hate fatties so you hate yourself. Never mind though it went over yer head.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back