SMB TV/Box Set Thread

Is anyone watching Deep State?
Not seen it mentioned anywhere and wondered what it's like.
I could always just watch it and decide myself I suppose.
On with it now, fairly poor.

Mark Strong is continuing his character from The Brothers Grimsby.

Is anyone watching Deep State?
Not seen it mentioned anywhere and wondered what it's like.
I could always just watch it and decide myself I suppose.

Thought it was okay but nothing special. Standard sub-Homeland secret service, Middle East conspiracy stuff really.

I'm enjoying Patrick Melrose on Sky Atlantic currently.

As far as comedy is concerned, Corporate, which is tucked away at some daft time on Comedy Central is worth checking out and the latest Silicon Valley was as excellent as ever.

Old stuff. I love the It's Garry Shandling's Show box set. Looks really primitive now compared to comedies these days and season 4 is an object lesson in how to completely rip the heart out of a show, but episodes with Tom Petty and the old-time comedian Red Buttons are brilliant. Groundbreaking in how it broke down the 4th wall in TV comedy.

The Deuce
El Chapo
Narcos
Gomorrah

Joe Rogan Questions Everything
Making a Murderer
Fightworld
Medal of Honor
Dark Tourist
The Defiant Ones

Someone recommended a show called 'Lilyhammer' in the other thread. Looks pretty good.

Shite.

Took me a couple of years to acquire the complete Homicide:Life On The Streets from eBay on the cheap. Great stuff. So yeah Homicide.
They’re still knocking out Colditz in Sainsbury’s. Not as good as I remembered but I bought it after visiting the castle. It’d be worth viewing BEFORE going out there just as I reminder of the various escapades that both failed and succeeded.

Last edited:
The Deuce
El Chapo
Narcos
Gomorrah

Joe Rogan Questions Everything
Making a Murderer
Fightworld
Medal of Honor
Dark Tourist
The Defiant Ones
Is there much saving private ryan type of action scenes in this?

Looks really good so this is next tv show on my list to watch - Its James Franco from Buster Scruggs aswell so thats a bonus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shite.

Took me a couple of years to acquire the complete Homicide:Life On The Streets from eBay on the cheap. Great stuff. So yeah Homicide.
They’re still knocking out Colditz in Sainsbury’s. Not as good as I remembered but I bought it after visiting the castle. It’d be worth viewing BEFORE going out there just as I reminder of the various escapades that both failed and succeeded.

Had this on DVD for ages and finally getting round to watching it properly.

Back