SMB Scouting 101

gipetto

Striker
To help reduce costs at the club, I thought it wise to setup a SMB scouting network, primarily relying on youtube scouting videos, Quest TV, Skouted and Transfermarkt. You'll be pleased to know that this scouting network is open to all SMBers, so feel free to offer your realistic suggestions in the hope that Tony Coton and his vast North West and Scandinavian networking team will turn to us to help resolve our on field issues. Sheepskin coats welcome, but not necessary, this is an entirely inclusive group, all recommendations welcome.

A few of these names have already been mentioned in recent months, but they're worth mentioning again in some instances as they're still very much available:

1. Harry McKirdy
Team: Carlisle United
Position: Attacking Midfielder/Winger

He hals from Villa's academy, later making the make to Stoke to help further his development. He impressed at a few lower league clubs whilst on loan, before deciding to join Carlisle. Not an easy move to make after being at clubs like Villa and Stoke, but he was obviously desperate to play. He's a tricky winger and exciting to watch. He'd certainly give us something else going forward and I think much like O'Nein, he'd be able to make the step up to league one. Still only young, he has time to develop further, he's out of contract in June next year. We could get him in January for a fee, although I suspect there will be other interested parties.

He hasn't got a highlights reel unfortunately, this is the best I could find:

2. Charlie Kirk
Team: Crewe
Position: Left Winger

Developed through Crewe's academy, he's now a regular in their side. Again, another tricky, creative player. Only 21 and I believe he'd be a good addition to our side.

Again, highlights hard to come by, which seems to be the case for league one and two players, but a few snippets here, he's number 10 (on the left wing) and gets the goal:

3. Paddy Madden
Team: Fleetwood
Position: Striker

He's scored 14 in 22 games this season. Age isn't on his side, but we'd be weakening a league one rival whilst improving our attack. A proven goalscorer in league one and he's currently bang in form. His fee may be an issue as Fleetwood son't be keen to sell, least of all with it being Barton and us, his cotract expires in 2022, but this will likely be his last chance to play for a club like ours.

4. Marcus Maddison
Team: Peterborough
Position: Attacking Midfielder

No introductions needed here. He's a class act in this league and a local lad. He's out of contract in the summer, we may face stiff compeition but now we know we're losing McGeady we need an adequate replacement. Will he come? Who knows, if we show ambition in the transfer market, there's no reason why we can't still go up this leason, still lots to play for.

5. Jorge Grant
Team: Lincoln City
Position: Midfielder

He was at Reading, Nike and Nottingham academies and was loaned to several lower league clubs before signing for Lincoln. He particularly impressed at Grimsby, scoring 15 goals from midfield. So far this season he's comtributed with 6 assists. He's technically sound and may be a better option to what we currently have. He was at loan to Luton last season, playing 19 games for the league champions.

6. Ben Heneghan
Team: Sheff Utd
Position: Centre Half

Currently on loan at Blackpool, although missed the game yesterday due to suspension. I think he's a steady centre half in this league, could link up well with Willis.

Wilder's thoughts on Heneghan:

Feel free to pin this thread mods. It could save our club.

Last edited:

Gary Madine on loan
someone from Wigan
someone else from the North West
someone from the Midlands - Villa reserve / Coventry

Can I have Coton's job please?
Thought Coton just used Fifa and footy manager?

You may laugh but pulling the data up from FM and then having exiles or locals attending the odd game or watching some of these players on TV would be far more comprehensive than anything these fuckers could pull up, given that in most cases local FM players or local journos etc will have done some of the initial leg work.

Last edited:
To help reduce costs at the club, I thought it wise to setup a SMB scouting network, primarily relying on youtube scouting videos, Quest TV, Skouted and Transfermarkt. You'll be pleased to know that this scouting network is open to all SMBers, so feel free to offer your realistic suggestions in the hope that Tony Coton and his vast North West and Scandinavian networking team will turn to us to help resolve our on field issues. Sheepskin coats welcome, but not necessary, this is an entirely inclusive group, all recommendations welcome.

A few of these names have already been mentioned in recent months, but they're worth mentioning again in some instances as they're still very much available:

1. Harry McKirdy
Team: Carlisle United
Position: Attacking Midfielder/Winger

He hals from Villa's academy, later making the make to Stoke to help further his development. He impressed at a few lower league clubs whilst on loan, before deciding to join Carlisle. Not an easy move to make after being at clubs like Villa and Stoke, but he was obviously desperate to play. He's a tricky winger and exciting to watch. He'd certainly give us something else going forward and I think much like O'Nein, he'd be able to make the step up to league one. Still only young, he has time to develop further, he's out of contract in June next year. We could get him in January for a fee, although I suspect there will be other interested parties.

He hasn't got a highlights reel unfortunately, this is the best I could find:

2. Charlie Kirk
Team: Crewe
Position: Left Winger

Developed through Crewe's academy, he's now a regular in their side. Again, another tricky, creative player. Only 21 and I believe he'd be a good addition to our side.

Again, highlights hard to come by, which seems to be the case for league one and two players, but a few snippets here, he's number 10 (on the left wing) and gets the goal:

3. Paddy Madden
Team: Fleetwood
Position: Striker

He's scored 14 in 22 games this season. Age isn't on his side, but we'd be weakening a league one rival whilst improving our attack. A proven goalscorer in league one and he's currently bang in form. His fee may be an issue as Fleetwood son't be keen to sell, least of all with it being Barton and us, his cotract expires in 2022, but this will likely be his last chance to play for a club like ours.

4. Marcus Maddison
Team: Peterborough
Position: Attacking Midfielder

No introductions needed here. He's a class act in this league and a local lad. He's out of contract in the summer, we may face stiff compeition but now we know we're losing McGeady we need an adequate replacement. Will he come? Who knows, if we show ambition in the transfer market, there's no reason why we can't still go up this leason, still lots to play for.

5. Jorge Grant
Team: Lincoln City
Position: Midfielder

He was at Reading, Nike and Nottingham academies and was loaned to several lower league clubs before signing for Lincoln. He particularly impressed at Grimsby, scoring 15 goals from midfield. So far this season he's comtributed with 6 assists. He's technically sound and may be a better option to what we currently have. He was at loan to Luton last season, playing 19 games for the league champions.

6. Ben Heneghan
Team: Sheff Utd
Position: Centre Half

Currently on loan at Blackpool, although missed the game yesterday due to suspension. I think he's a steady centre half in this league, could link up well with Willis.

Wilder's thoughts on Heneghan:

Feel free to pin this thread mods. It could save our club.
Thought you might have had Tyler Walker in there mate

Back