SMB Photography Competition Round 4 - Obsolete. Discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The problem I am having is that I keep taking pictures of junk and discarded stuff - but that isn't really obselete merely discarded. I am struggling myself with the theme - I have taken a bunch of stuff but not really happy with them, I guess I will wait a bit and barring further inspiration will probably enter one of the ones I have already taken.

It explains why you wanted to get your eyes sorted.... they're shocking gegs them like :lol:

:lol: In my defence they're old ones. Not that their replacements were much better like.

:lol: In my defence they're old ones. Not that their replacements were much better like.
how's the vision now mate? I'd read your short distance and in bad light wasn't great. Has that picked up now? Might look into getting mine done... not that they're all that bad, hopefully mean it won't cost that much ;)

how's the vision now mate? I'd read your short distance and in bad light wasn't great. Has that picked up now? Might look into getting mine done... not that they're all that bad, hopefully mean it won't cost that much ;)

Getting better - my eyes are very tired today, apparently it can take a few days before your brain gets accustomed to it. Basically my vision is virtually perfect, but the eyes are very light sensitive and slightly slow to focus.

My prescription wasn't that bad - 2.25 in both eyes - but the difference is massive.

Get it done marra. One minging afternoon is worth it for a lifetime of 20:20 vision.

Uploaded mine, not the best photo but all I could find relating to 'obsolete'. Wouldn't let me upload the image I wanted that's on my flickr (clearer, sharper version of the photograph I entered), don't have it on here either so had to use the lower quality image!

As soon as I posted that I managed to upload the clearer image, too late to edit the entry though :-(

Nope.

If I post a reply using the "quote" facility I can extract the url but all I get if I paste that in the browser direct is a blank page.

This is all I can see in the post

Abandoned bike.

(Thanks for sorting my post out!)

Last edited:
I'm not sure how to sort it, it's working for me. Any ideas what's wrong?

No idea to be honest.

It may be working for you because the image is still in your cashe whereas it's not for me.

You need to be logged on to view images in the RTG albums I think but I am logged on.

AB22 ET or Roger will no doubt sort it.

Wayne the Punk's entry is in an RTG album but I can see that ok.

Last edited:
No idea to be honest.

It may be working for you because the image is still in your cashe whereas it's not for me.

You need to be logged on to view images in the RTG albums I think but I am logged on.

AB22 ET or Roger will no doubt sort it.

Wayne the Punk's entry is in an RTG album but I can see that ok.

Ahh I think I may have sorted it, my album was set to private. Can you see the image now?

Yeah I didn't realise it was private, only just getting the hang of this place, will get used to it eventually!

My entries in like, didn't really put any thought into my entry this month... I couldn't think of anything so when I saw the abandoned rusty swing I thought if fit the theme pretty well.

I had another possible entry which was shot in the mountains, we were driving along at 140kph and the road just ran out! I got some shots of it with the car hovering over the edge, not a big drop or anything but still!.... the road being obsolete.

Peachbum & JanieP vying for the gold medal for me at the moment.......haway man lads ffs yah canna let yerseld be beaten by wimmen man:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back