SMB Photography Competition Round 1: Entries ONLY here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a competition for ALL members to enter, regardless of skill, technique, knowledge, or camera.

General info :
There are 12 rounds, each running calendar monthly. (Except this one which is starting early)
The themes will be chosen by the winner of the previous round in conjunction with AB22 and Mark Denton and will be posted at the start of the round.
Only one photo can be submitted per round per member.
The closing date for entries each round will be 23:59 Central Time (GMT-6) on the last day of the month (Or thereabouts).

Image specifications :
Images must be no larger than 800 pixels on the longest side. An additional link to the full size picture (eg on Flickr) can be included.
Photographs may include a border and post production / Photoshop work.
Images must adhere to current site rules – so no NSFW pictures.
The photo need not have been taken specifically for the competition.

How to submit an entry
Each month, I will start a competition thread. To enter, simply reply to this thread with an image, as per the FAQ guidelines.
There will be a second thread where you can discuss the competition round, and the images already posted.
At the end of the round a poll will be created, where you can vote for your favourite photographs. This will be a multiple choice poll, where you may vote for as many or as few shots as you like.
Voting ends at 23:59 on the 7th of the following month (roughly 7 days voting).

Scoring
One vote = One point. It's as simple as that. The more votes you get in a round, the more points.
The entrant with the most points each round will be win “Picture of the month” and go forward to the 2010 Picture of the Year vote. Where the 12 winning entries will be voted on again to choose a single Picture of the Year In the event of a tie in the monthly competition, Mark will have the casting vote.
Any single poster with more than two monthly wins will be asked to choose two of their winning shots to go into the end of year poll. For the months not chosen by that poster, the monthly runner up will be entered into the year end poll.
The entrant with the most points in the end of year poll will take the title and the day shooting landscapes with Mark Denton, a pro photographer whose work you can see at his website: http://www.markdentonphotographic.co.uk/

Thanks to Mark for this fantastic opportunity.

January Theme is Food For Thought

Last edited:

Re: SMB Photography Competition Round 1: Rules and entries ONLY here.

Well seeing as the rules have been relaxed, here's a shot from a while back. Grindon's finest:

Logon or register to see this image

:eek:

My entry after much consideration (although I think the winner has already posted with the Einstein themed photo).

Brain Food

You SHOULD be able to see the full size image here and it's much better full size

Last edited by a moderator:

My Blair's Zakk Wylde hot sauce collection for any of you hot sauce connoisseurs.

Last edited:

This subject drove me crazy, to the point that I was putting books in the fridge!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back