SMB Photography Competition: February Discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully get an entry in this month, I've got an idea anyway. Excellent corner of the forum, just spent an hour going through the whole thing as I missed it.

@Spav, the only reason you liked Ghost of Orr's photo was because it had an Apple in it, Fan boy. ;) Excellent photo, would've got my vote.

Hopefully get an entry in this month, I've got an idea anyway. Excellent corner of the forum, just spent an hour going through the whole thing as I missed it.

@Spav, the only reason you liked Ghost of Orr's photo was because it had an Apple in it, Fan boy. ;) Excellent photo, would've got my vote.

:-D rumbled.

Going to shoot my entry this weekend, weather permitting. Got an idea, could be canny, or may well be awful. Either way, it's going to take an age to set up, and my neighbours are going to think that I am insane.

:-D rumbled.

Going to shoot my entry this weekend, weather permitting. Got an idea, could be canny, or may well be awful. Either way, it's going to take an age to set up, and my neighbours are going to think that I am insane.

For some reason this springs to mind - [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93gqIINanIw[/ame]

Skip to 2 minutes in.

Some cracking entries this month like, good bit of variety too. Nice to see a cameraphone shot in there anarl, very nice shot.

Agreed, I love the diversity, oh, and I can see why your neighbours are worried.

:-D Every time I stood on a chair, shovel in hand, a little part of me died.

Meant to ask earlier - what's that in Amnorrageordie's shot?

Can we ban not spavin from the March competition to give us mere mortals a chance? Although I am really impressed by the blackberry shot from Royston.

Can we ban not spavin from the March competition to give us mere mortals a chance? Although I am really impressed by the blackberry shot from Royston.

:-D

Fairly stiff competition this month like - I reckon we need to agree on a limit on how many votes you can give, otherwise I'd vote for everyone so far. Class stuff this month, and there's plenty of time for new stuff too.

Fairly stiff competition this month like - I reckon we need to agree on a limit on how many votes you can give, otherwise I'd vote for everyone so far. Class stuff this month, and there's plenty of time for new stuff too.
No! some people will give a few votes, some 1, some lots. Last month Mercia Black Cat gave one vote. I gave three. This month I know which picture does it for me so one vote only from me (maybe 2?) . I think it should be open voting though so we can see who votes where. I told everybody who I voted for and why last month.

I was thinking this earlier when I was looking at the entries, a lot of people have really stepped up this month.

My inclination is to leave the voting the same this month and see how it pans out - given that the only way we can regulate votes otherwise is to limit it to one, and I suspect posters will certainly want to vote for more than one of those already posted. I know I do.

Great competition though, and I know some others are still working on entries, the standard is very good.

I was thinking this earlier when I was looking at the entries, a lot of people have really stepped up this month.

My inclination is to leave the voting the same this month and see how it pans out - given that the only way we can regulate votes otherwise is to limit it to one, and I suspect posters will certainly want to vote for more than one of those already posted. I know I do.

Great competition though, and I know some others are still working on entries, the standard is very good.
I need you to leave it at more than one vote! I'd never get any votes otherwise and be really disheartened, at least I got three votes with multiple voting. I would vote (if only one vote) for someone who probably wouldn't get any votes. Last month with multiple votes, the best pictures picked up the most votes, so I think multiple voting is just fine, should be open not hidden though.

I'll vote just the once again as it makes me be completely critical and decisive.

Great variety of ideas that sum up earth or the Earth.

Sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

Last week so should see a few more enties trying to beat the deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back