SMB - PATHETIC

Honestly man, an absolute joke. A bunch of spoilt brats, simple as that.

The board is like my 2yo. Sometimes I think if most of you had a good meal and an afternoon nap, you might actually post some sense.

Look, 85 points and Wembley final.

Cracking young manager. It’s been mentioned here I’m sure (Farke), it’s takes time! No manager has instant and sustained success, it just doesn’t happen.

With Ross, the good thing, and most important, is that he has the 100% backing of the owners, which is absolutely vital.

Look at football in 2019. Bolton, Coventry, GATESHEAD! Haway man, f***ing wake up! Stand back, realise that football is so much more than 90 minutes a week. Just chill out and enjoy our club. We will get back to the big time I’m sure (not where we ‘deserve’)

Richard Marx, banging tunes

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I honestly believe the Sunderland manager’s job is one of the most difficult in British football.

Isn’t it strange how ANY manager can seemingly come to this club, whether a young promising coach or decades of experience or somewhere in between and yet the outcome always seems to be the same.

I’d recommend the excellent book Managers, written by rob mason, Graeme Anderson and lance hardy where they interview at length Ken Knighton, Lawrie Mac, Gus Poyet, Peter Reid and Simon Grayson.

Poyet touched upon something (That he couldn’t quite identify) being wrong at this club, Lawrie Mac refers to it too. It ain’t the owners, it can’t be the managers - successful before and after safc, and it can’t be the players. They come and go too.

So what is the other constant at this football club?

When you see people calling for Jack Ross to be sacked after a season that was about rebuild and reconnect, a season in which we hit 85 points, lost 5 times, reached a cup final but ultimately ran out of steam and just missed out on promotion it does beg the question. Is it actually impossible to manage this football club. Can our supporters ever be satisfied or is there an underlying reason - not necessarily even linked to football - why that simply will never happen?
It could probably have something to to with only 3 top top ten finishes in the last 60 odd years since the 1st ever relegation.
A dozen or so relegations since, including being relegated to the 3rd tier twice.
Most of the time a few short spells apart, watching absolute drivel and mediocrity, season in season out.
Did the fans over the decades bring all of these shit footballers to the club?
It's strange Reidy for a spell managed to tap into this hopeless support, what did he produce? Well a side who tried and played good aggressive attacking football.
"Can our supporters ever be satisfied?!!? Shame on you.
Your post is one of the most clueless that's ever been posted on here.

Instant success? He's had 60-odd games, finished 5th last season with the biggest budget in the league's history after it being completely in our hands with 6 games to go. We were then given a gift in the play-off final and withered.
I can't believe anyone is accusing Sunderland fans of demanding I start success. The only 'success' I've seen in 35 years of going is a couple of 7th place finished (which were class).

Last edited:
Every week, our opponents play like they are in the shop window for a spot on our squad.
And our players play like they want to be somewhere else.

Hence beat us to every loose and second ball.

Instant success? He's had 60-odd games, finished 5th last season with the biggest budget in the league's history after it being completely in our hands with 6 games to go. We were then given a gift in the play-off final and withered.
I can't believe anyone is accusing Sunderland fans of demanding I start success. The only 'success' I've seen in 35 years of going is a couple of 7th place finished (which were class).
I tend to find these fans are the ones who somehow think they're a proper fan for supporting shit.

They were, thankfully, absolutely honking. If they had properly gone for a winner last night they'd have got it IMO, we were an absolute shambles at the back every time the ball came into out defensive half.

The win was there for them if they wanted it. I'd be unhappy with the manager settling for the point if I was a Rotherham fan.

Every week, our opponents play like they are in the shop window for a spot on our squad.
And our players play like they want to be somewhere else.

Hence beat us to every loose and second ball.
[/QUOTE Spot on marra,which brings me to our players jon mac,con mac,o9,osturk,flanagan,baldwin,lynch,de bock,mcgeough,power,wyke,mcnulty,mcguire,are all out of contract end of season.A lot of these will know they are not coming with us on this journey ,so i think they should be told by new owners that a bonus will be paid on promotion .I know they are professionals and should do there best anyway but life is not like that really.The team and management are honking but cash incentive might help ,just think if your boss said new owners coming in lads so sling ya hooks in the summer but keep doing ya best......no im not flanagan

Aye I start with a really valid point. Then I go a bit too far. I like the bloke though, think he’s the right fit and has a lot of potential
I admire your faith in him but can you say what you think he has done in the way of learning and potential from last season to this ? What positives are you beginning to see in his tenure so far ?

Honestly man, an absolute joke. A bunch of spoilt brats, simple as that.

The board is like my 2yo. Sometimes I think if most of you had a good meal and an afternoon nap, you might actually post some sense.

Look, 85 points and Wembley final.

Cracking young manager. It’s been mentioned here I’m sure (Farke), it’s takes time! No manager has instant and sustained success, it just doesn’t happen.

With Ross, the good thing, and most important, is that he has the 100% backing of the owners, which is absolutely vital.

Look at football in 2019. Bolton, Coventry, GATESHEAD! Haway man, f***ing wake up! Stand back, realise that football is so much more than 90 minutes a week. Just chill out and enjoy our club. We will get back to the big time I’m sure (not where we ‘deserve’)

Richard Marx, banging tunes

Toys out of pram.. 5 months later 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

I said I'd give him 10 games and that stands. 8 in he needs 2 wins in the next 2 to get things on track then after that he needs 70% of points minimum to take us up. The target at the start of the season was clear - anything other than promotion (that means automatic promotion) would represent total failure.

The win was there for them if they wanted it. I'd be unhappy with the manager settling for the point if I was a Rotherham fan.

Most of the managers in this league seem to possess as little bottle as Ross does, certainly when they come to the SoL at least. Coventry were just about the only side who came here last season genuinely believing they they could win and look what happened there.

Back