SMB musicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

I always dream some superb songs like but its always to hard to remember them when i wake up.

Ive been playing guitar for over 30 years I can’t read music but I can pick up the tune of song by ear. I’m useless at trying to put words to a tune tho, and being more of a rhythm guitarists never helps.. love playing just as much now as I did back then...
I've been looking more and more into the theory side of playing the last couple of years, it's transformed how I play, should've done it years ago.

Not sure I dare link the SMB to my actual life but yeh been writing songs for years, first in a band then solo and now actually got me own 3 piece band playing round London. I do guitar, vocals and trumpet....couldn't really imagine not doing it think i'll always play in some form or other.

The lad who writes lyrics mentioned earlier on could be useful!
He used to be the singer in The Kane Gang, he lives darn sarf like.

I've wrote hundreds of songs. Search for the Panic Report on YouTube if you can be arsed, there's a few on there.
Is that yee on the phone like?

My band released our own song and video if that counts...(I’m on drums)
Good sound that mate, I've fancied getting a drum kit for a while but our lass' having f***ing none of it like. :lol:

Last edited:
I've been looking more and more into the theory side of playing the last couple of years, it's transformed how I play, should've done it years ago.

Good sound that mate, I've fancied getting a drum kit for a while but our lass' having f***ing none of it like. :lol:
Thanks mate... could get an electric one? Nice and quiet

I read tab but not music

I've put a few things on Soundcloud of me messing about in the cellar :). Mostly very poppy stuff. This one I didn't write but a mate did - I did all of the singing and instruments though.

https://soundcloud.com/apey-1/dont-ever-fall-in-love

And one I put in there of one of my band's songs - probably recorded in 2002-ish....

https://soundcloud.com/apey-1/talk-this-through that I play drums and keyboards on...

Don't judge me... There's more shite on there like - mostly covers of me and my ex or me singing drunk :rolleyes:

I've played guitar for a long time. Never really sat down to learn properly due to laziness/impatience. I can play rhythm ok and a bit of basic finger picking etc. I often pick the acoustic up and come up with something. Some better than others, I used to write them down and record years ago thorough a shit tape deck. I have a multi track now and I've been on about doing it a bit more formally but aside from a few random quick covers/tests have done nothing yet. Always dreamed of writing stuff good enough for an artist to pickup but guess that's all it is. However, about to set up one of the rooms as a home studio so will be able to produce something that is a bit more structured and take time over it.

I was searching a while back and there is some sites you can post songs and have others add instruments/vocals, write lyrics etc... a collaborative of sorts. You could have an SMB version of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back