SMB musicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigfoot

Midfield
I know there's plenty on here play various instruments, I'm a guitarist meself although I dabble a bit with keyboards among other things. Does anyone make their own songs/tunes, I do as a hobby like, never made owt of them but enjoy doing it.

I know there's plenty on here play various instruments, I'm a guitarist meself although I dabble a bit with keyboards among other things. Does anyone make their own songs/tunes, I do as a hobby like, never made owt of them but enjoy doing it.
used to with one of the lads at work. Can`t do lyrics though for the life in me. They always sound as cheesy as fuck when i read them back. Can knock a canny riff up though

Yes. Mine are f***ing embarrassing
:lol: You have created something mate, that's what matters.

used to with one of the lads at work. Can`t do lyrics though for the life in me. They always sound as cheesy as fuck when i read them back. Can knock a canny riff up though
Me neither, I (sort of) know a lad from Seaham who's made a small fortune from writing lyrics for people like, it's a special talent.

:lol: You have created something mate, that's what matters.

Me neither, I (sort of) know a lad from Seaham who's made a small fortune from writing lyrics for people like, it's a special talent.
I consider myself to be competent in English subjects - composition etc and have a decent vocabulary. I just can`t turn that into lyrics :lol:

As long as you're enjoying it keep it going, my mate who lives in Switzerland ( no he's not rich and he's English ) wrote some decent stuff albeit folk but Fairport Convention have used a few of his songs so keep it going marra ;)

As long as you're enjoying it keep it going, my mate who lives in Switzerland ( no he's not rich and he's English ) wrote some decent stuff albeit folk but Fairport Convention have used a few of his songs so keep it going marra ;)
To be honest I think I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be looking at stardom like. :lol:

To be honest I think I'm a bit too long in the tooth to be looking at stardom like. :lol:

My mate is in his sixties now ( although he wouldn't want anyone to know :D ) and he's still writing, he has a song on the latest album by Trad arr ( you wouldn't know them unless you're into folk stuff but google them and have a listen )

Used to play gigs every other night of the week when at sixth form. Started doing less and less through university to the point where all my guitars are now stored in my Mam's garage.

Should really pick it up again.

Used to play gigs every other night of the week when at sixth form. Started doing less and less through university to the point where all my guitars are now stored in my Mam's garage.

Do it mate, you know you should.

I can play the drums to the inspiral carpets Saturn 5 on the bairns drum kit.

(ish)

Not enough hims either?

Though I still enjoy the odd tour bus these days I prefer the slightly more intimate venues with a more free-spirited conduct. My musical node book covers several volumes but alas my orchestral days are mostly behind me. A farewell tour is in the planning for next August, touring the NE. Hoping to meet a local tuba player to add to the fun. Blowing your own trumpet can get tiresome.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back