SMB>Google: Vision Lenses?

PTR

Striker
Struggling to find anything on google, so thought I'd try here since there's usually someone who knows about bloody well everything :lol:

My last few sets of glasses came from glasses direct - they're just stupidly cheap. But recently, my sight has been a bit pants - so I had my eyes checked yesterday, and there's basically no change.

Its got me thinking - is there a difference in lens quality that you can buy?
Anyone got any idea?

Of course, everything I see on google is a shop telling me their glasses are great.

If it helps, my prescription
L +0.75 -1.75 90
R +0.50 -1.50 70

Struggling to find anything on google, so thought I'd try here since there's usually someone who knows about bloody well everything :lol:

My last few sets of glasses came from glasses direct - they're just stupidly cheap. But recently, my sight has been a bit pants - so I had my eyes checked yesterday, and there's basically no change.

Its got me thinking - is there a difference in lens quality that you can buy?
Anyone got any idea?

Of course, everything I see on google is a shop telling me their glasses are great.

If it helps, my prescription
L +0.75 -1.75 90
R +0.50 -1.50 70

Is it not the fit of them that isn't right? An optician in person will adjust the frames so they fit your face properly?

Last edited:
Is it not the fit of them that isn't right? An optician in person will adjust the frames so they fit your face properly?
As far as I know, they do 2 things
1 - measure the distance between pupils - so that the lens centres are correct in the frames
2 - Get them fitting correctly on your nose

Both of these are quite easy to do at home by yourself, and even easier if someone else helps.

As far as I know, they do 2 things
1 - measure the distance between pupils - so that the lens centres are correct in the frames
2 - Get them fitting correctly on your nose

Both of these are quite easy to do at home by yourself, and even easier if someone else helps.
Well if you've measured them right then the quality of the lenses seems the only other possibility.

Back