SMB driving experts...

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you think is meant to 'in turn'?
It means each car takes "a turn" at letting another car to "merge". He had already done that with the Ford and so had taken his "turn". She should have waited for the car behind him because it was the car behind's "turn" to allow a vehicle to merge.
It really is staggering how few people understand this!

He's already let one in which in turn let another one in, how many should he let in before it's his turn to go?

that is what is expected, but it does not give him the right to do what he did. he contributed to this fiasco but she is mainly to blame.

it's irrelvant if he let people in further up the road. Whats the cut off distance for letting people across before you think you can just fuck everyone off who uses the other lane? What if the car coming along the outside hasn't seen you let other people across?
It doesn't matter if she hadn't seen he'd already taken his turn to let a car merge, he knew he had done so and had therefore complied with the signs and the HWC and so he was right continue on because he knew it was the "turn" of the car behind to let her merge (or the car behind that if the car behind had already taken their "turn".

The problem with the merge in turn system is that some drivers are too nice and let 4 or 5 cars merge but others are selfish fucks who don't take their turn to let anyone merge. If everyone just took their turn to let one car merge it would work like its supposed to.

It doesn't matter if she hadn't seen he'd already taken his turn to let a car merge, he knew he had done so and had therefore complied with the signs and the HWC and so he was right continue on because he knew it was the "turn" of the car behind to let her merge (or the car behind that if the car behind had already taken their "turn".

The problem with the merge in turn system is that some drivers are too nice and let 4 or 5 cars merge but others are selfish fucks who don't take their turn to let anyone merge. If everyone just took their turn to let one car merge it would work like its supposed to.

you cannot continue to drive on the road if it is unsafe to do so. other than that logic sound and I agree. as said before, both drivers are at fault

I think we're agreeing with each other :lol: maybe i haven't worded it very well.
:lol: I was reading both replies thinking do they know they're both saying the same thing :lol:

you cannot continue to drive on the road if it is unsafe to do so. other than that logic sound and I agree. as said before, both drivers are at fault
Ines at fault. The other would not let her get away with being a stubborn ignorant tramp

Last edited:
Are you alright over there? Seems you're having abit of a meltdown. I didn't specifically target Audi drivers I said is usually those, I'll add BMW, Mercs and VWs to that list if you want. Listen mate, I'm far from jealous about who drives what, I drive cars for a living, i just don't turn into a twat when i get in a BMW.

Honestly mate it won't happen - you're better than that.

Well this has provoked a lively ruckus!
It is possible to use both lanes AND merge in turn. I think that is what the Highway Code means us to do.
If you're in the lane that is disappearing, match your speed to the other lane and when you get near the cones just indicate with 20yards to spare and you should be let in, because you have been travelling at the same speed as vehicles in the other lane. Make eye contact if you can. Only totally over-entitled fuckwits like yer woman have a problem with this. They are the same people who charge up the last 200 yards of empty lane and barge in. They have the mentality of being in a race, rather than operating a traffic system and it pisses people off.
If there is a long stretch of empty lane, just match your speed and the traffic in the other lane, which now does not have to merge, will speed up. I sometimes get hooted at from cars around me (see 'fuckwits') but I've never been hassled by a professional driver (trucker, coach driver etc.) because they can see it's in their best interests to use all the road (both lanes) and merge in turn (so no-one should have to stop).

This is exactly what I do, then the person you've been keeping up with invariably lets you in as he knows you're an all round good egg.

you have to merge in turn:

Lane discipline: 134
You should follow the signs and road markings and get into the lane as directed. In congested road conditions do not change lanes unnecessarily. Merging in turn is recommended but only if safe and appropriate when vehicles are travelling at a very low speed, e.g. when approaching road works or a road traffic incident. It is not recommended at high speed.

Road Works: 288
Where lanes are restricted due to road works, merge in turn (see Rule 134)

When your stretch of road ceases, then you have to ensure that you can merge safely into the left hand traffic flow. The split has clearly not done this.

Bloke in the van initially. You're supposed to drive up to the cones in both lanes and merge in turn as the sign on the left states, which the Audi tried to do. She doesn't know he's not going merge in turn because he let a Ford in further back.

Audi driver goes on like a total knob though and it's a complete waste of police time.
Where's the merge like? The white lines are a give way and you can indicate and move across when the space is there to do so

This thread has everything. The chance to show you know everything while having a pop at women drivers, van drivers, Audi drivers, people who may or may not be paying their car off over a period of time rather than pulling £20k out of their arse, and fellow board members.

And yet, all that shines is not gerld.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back