SMB Direct - Anyone suffered a trapped/pinched nerve??

Status
Not open for further replies.

RokerLegend

Striker
Anyone suffered one of these and can let me know how long it takes to recover from.

About 6 weeks ago I felt something in my neck and within a couple of hours I was in absolute agony and thought my lung was collapsing (I've suffered two of those so i know what I'm talking about).

Anyway I couldn't sleep for two days afterwards until I begged some tremadol off me mate then went to see a chiropractor. This helped immensely and I'm now a lot better but if I try and exercise or do anything like a brisk walk my shoulder knacks and I get pins and needles in my fingers.

I've been like this for weeks now though and don't seem to be getting any better. Anyone else had this and know how long it takes to get 100% better??

Cheers for the help

Anyone suffered one of these and can let me know how long it takes to recover from.

About 6 weeks ago I felt something in my neck and within a couple of hours I was in absolute agony and thought my lung was collapsing (I've suffered two of those so i know what I'm talking about).

Anyway I couldn't sleep for two days afterwards until I begged some tremadol off me mate then went to see a chiropractor. This helped immensely and I'm now a lot better but if I try and exercise or do anything like a brisk walk my shoulder knacks and I get pins and needles in my fingers.

I've been like this for weeks now though and don't seem to be getting any better. Anyone else had this and know how long it takes to get 100% better??

Cheers for the help
Not had one but I presume if the nerve has been pinched it might have taken a bit damage and might take a bit to fully recover even if it's been freed ?

Not had one but I presume if the nerve has been pinched it might have taken a bit damage and might take a bit to fully recover even if it's been freed ?

Yeah it's just it was healing great or at least seemed to be but now it's getting no better. I'm in two minds as to weather to go to docs about it and thought I'd try here and see if anyone else had suffered it.

Yeah it's just it was healing great or at least seemed to be but now it's getting no better. I'm in two minds as to weather to go to docs about it and thought I'd try here and see if anyone else had suffered it.
Have a trip to a good hands on sports physio might nudge it along that last bit for £30

Had a trapped nerve in my neck and it took around 3 months iirc to be able to function without spasming in to intense pain. I kept aggravating it though which I don't think helps.

Cheers for the help
I had a trapped/aggravated nerve in my neck a few years ago. It took months to fix.

My physio suggested I do gentle exercises each day. I suggested he fuck off and let me rest it totally.

Had a trapped nerve in my neck and it took around 3 months iirc to be able to function without spasming in to intense pain. I kept aggravating it though which I don't think helps.

This.
It's probably not trapped anymore it's the inflammation that's the problem. Are you on any anti inflammation meds? I'm intolerant of them so was fucked when I had neck AIDS.

Cheers for the help
I've got one in my hand/wrist and have permanent pins and needles on the inside of one finger. Had it for a few months but it's more of a nuisance than a real issue. Doctor advised me to wear a wrist splint at night and change my working position. I work from home and spend most of my time sat on the settee with my MacBook on my lap so I'm not helping myself.
He didn't suggest any 'cures' as such but said if it deteriorated he could arrange some cortisone injections. As it is only affecting one finger instead of three he thought it was just nipped slightly. I'm hoping that it just sorts itself out and works itself free but I don't know how likely that is.

This.
It's probably not trapped anymore it's the inflammation that's the problem. Are you on any anti inflammation meds? I'm intolerant of them so was fucked when I had neck AIDS.

Aye the chiropractor said it was free and should get better it's just it doesn't feel like it at the moment and not sure what I can expect. I'm only taking ibruprofen when it gets really bad

I've got one in my hand/wrist and have permanent pins and needles on the inside of one finger. Had it for a few months but it's more of a nuisance than a real issue. Doctor advised me to wear a wrist splint at night and change my working position. I work from home and spend most of my time sat on the settee with my MacBook on my lap so I'm not helping myself.
He didn't suggest any 'cures' as such but said if it deteriorated he could arrange some cortisone injections. As it is only affecting one finger instead of three he thought it was just nipped slightly. I'm hoping that it just sorts itself out and works itself free but I don't know how likely that is.

Suppose it's just something that gets better by itself. Pain is unreal though or at least it was when it happened

Last edited:
Have a trip to a good hands on sports physio might nudge it along that last bit for £30

Agreed.
There's a good sports physio at "My Sports Clinic" in the Racquets Club ( Used to be Virgin, but taken over by David Lloyd) up at Doxy.
Go to him every 2 weeks for my neck & back problems.

Give them a shout 0191 5200066.

Aye the chiropractor said it was free and should get better it's just it doesn't feel like it at the moment and not sure what I can expect. I'm only taking ibruprofen when it gets really bad

Suppose it's just something that gets better by itself. Pain is unreal though or at least it was when it happened

See if the doc will give you some diclofenac marra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back