SMB App

Status
Not open for further replies.

APepper8

Midfield
Is there one? Or are there any techy people who can make one? Can't imagine it'd be that difficult to make (mind, I've never done nout like it).... Thoughts?

Tapa talk runs this forum, which is an app that runs forums funnily enough. Never seen the point though, what would you like it to do?

This. As it's a forum build you can get apps to support multiple forums. Occasionally one of the big ones like AVForums make their own but they're still just the same basic framework.

Forumapp was class, never had to sign in (I always use private browsing, cost of some of the sites I visit :oops:), and worked sweet. Better than using a mobile web browser imo

Forum Runner was great. When the forum upgraded, the app was no longer compatible but as the mobile version of the site drastically improved its seen by some as no longer needed.

The main reason for a mobile app is for speed and cutting data usage. The point of them is that the app itself handles all the layout locally and every time you try to load a thread, it just downloads the very basic data needed to show the text content.

The mobile site on here is quite good but for those reading the forum while out and about not using wifi, a mobile app would be better

Also, for those of us using SwiftKey, sometimes the text box on this forum causes it to go mental.

I thought all decent phones had a web browser these days? Why the need for an app or even mobile site? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious:confused:

Forum Runner was great. When the forum upgraded, the app was no longer compatible but as the mobile version of the site drastically improved its seen by some as no longer needed.
This.
I was just thinking this morning how good a proper SMB app would be.
Which is either a spooky coincidence, or a sign of how unimportant the things are that occupy my bracket :confused:

I thought all decent phones had a web browser these days? Why the need for an app or even mobile site? Apologies if I'm missing something obvious:confused:
Messing on with a phone is ok but fiddly.
A proper app would have buttons and notifications etc.

This.
I was just thinking this morning how good a proper SMB app would be.
Which is either a spooky coincidence, or a sign of how unimportant the things are that occupy my bracket :confused:

Messing on with a phone is ok but fiddly.
A proper app would have buttons and notifications etc.
Is it not dependent on the phone? - I get notifications/alerts ok. I just think this "app for everything" is not necessary. Mind it works best on a big screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back