Smart TV

LG is best, followed by Samsung, but if you don't want TV over the air, just get yourself a firestick.

I've got a 10 year old 55" TV which has a smarthub that is so out of date, nothing works. I've added a firestick and I've no got everything I need.

Are they really that much different from the 55" ones selling for £500? Unless you've got perfect eyesight and sit close, you'll not notice the difference.
Yes they are...there is a massive difference

Yes they are...there is a massive difference
not when watching normal TV, if you've got a blueray 4k or you're watching the demo in the shop then maybes, but certainly not worth the extra £1k.

The lower price ones are really good these days. I paid £2200 for the 10 year old 55" and £600 for the new 55", the new one is very good and the technology is better. However, when I'm watching the 10 year old one from about 4 metres away, the difference is unnoticeable as the quality is as good as I could ever need it to be. It's a crystal clear picture with brilliant colours and blacks. How much better will and extra £1k get it.

not when watching normal TV, if you've got a blueray 4k or you're watching the demo in the shop then maybes, but certainly not worth the extra £1k.

The lower price ones are really good these days. I paid £2200 for the 10 year old 55" and £600 for the new 55", the new one is very good and the technology is better. However, when I'm watching the 10 year old one from about 4 metres away, the difference is unnoticeable as the quality is as good as I could ever need it to be. It's a crystal clear picture with brilliant colours and blacks. How much better will and extra £1k get it.

I can see a massive difference when watching normal TV.
I had a Panasonic plasma for about 9 years which i thought had an excellent picture. I replaced it with an expensive LG LED....which i took back coz it was f***ing terrible. I got an LG OLED instead and it is worlds apart from both of these.
I still have a (top of the range when new) Panasonic plasma in a different room and it is nowhere near as good as the OLED.

You could just buy a shield, and connect that to your exist telly. It'll be much better than the smart functionality on any telly.

If you're local to the north east, get yourself up Clearance Bargains with £300 in your pocket. You'll be pleasantly surprised as to what that'll get you.
Is that the one in Stanley? I’ve always found it decent but bought a 50 inch Samsung smart TV for £379 in Curry’s a few weeks back. It was £429 in Clearance Bargains. It’s good, but not always the best.

Its only 100 quid difference now and the B9 doesn't have the next gen processor as the C9. Is a professional calibration worth the money?
yeah it's the A7 processor I believe, I thought you could now get the B9 for sub £1,200 now and yes a professional calibration is well worth the money @Sleepy

Is that the one in Stanley? I’ve always found it decent but bought a 50 inch Samsung smart TV for £379 in Curry’s a few weeks back. It was £429 in Clearance Bargains. It’s good, but not always the best.
That's the one, easy enough to google the model number to find out if it's really is a bargain.

I got the same 50” Samsung last week. Does the job

I don’t profess to know much about telly’s but in JL the other day and this struck me as a bargain

I have this one but 55inch and its spot on.

Back