Small Wedding Venues

The good staff must have had a day off when I went to AYLI. Took 2.5 hrs to get starters.
Mine was a wedding, my wedding (at a different venue) and they were absolutely bang on with everything.

I’ve eaten and drank at AYLI and never had an issue. Sounds like an off day, I’d have been long gone if it was 2.5 hours for a starter.

Mine was a wedding, my wedding (at a different venue) and they were absolutely bang on with everything.

I’ve eaten and drank at AYLI and never had an issue. Sounds like an off day, I’d have been long gone if it was 2.5 hours for a starter.

They were utter chod come to think of it. Took me 20 minutes to get a pint and there was only me and my mate waiting for drinks.

My mate lost it and got a free meal for 4 iirc.

AYLI have a min spend per head and if folk dont spend it you foot the difference!

Got married there a few years ago and I think it was 5k but that is on food, drinks etc. not what people spend at the bar.

We had 70 daytime and about 120 evening and were well over the 5k threshold.

We found them much cheaper than most we looked at as they didn't charge you any room/venue hire fees and the food/drink was quite reasonable. Loads charge a few thousand just to hire the place and force you to book all/x number of rooms.

Any nice venues in the north east to get married at for around 40 guests then around 100 on the night.

Some of the prices are ridiculous, and many have minimum numbers of 60-80 for the ceremony.

One even wanted £30 for each person under their minimum number.

As You Like It in Newcastle

Any nice venues in the north east to get married at for around 40 guests then around 100 on the night.

Some of the prices are ridiculous, and many have minimum numbers of 60-80 for the ceremony.

You won't get cheaper than Whitburn Cricket Club provided you don't want it on a weekend during the cricket season. Pavilion/bar/lounge has great views out over the pitch and backdrop of woods.

Beer's good, and you can either arrange your own catering or get the club to do it for you.

0191 5293187.

They wouldn't do it with our 40 day guests. Frustrating as there will be some big drinkers there throughout the day and would easy hit their target.
It’s for fannies in there like. Grub is nice like.

Rosedene is nice for a reception. Not sure about getting married in there.
Backhouse for pictures.

Back