Small Wedding Venues

marsey

Striker
Any nice venues in the north east to get married at for around 40 guests then around 100 on the night.

Some of the prices are ridiculous, and many have minimum numbers of 60-80 for the ceremony.

One even wanted £30 for each person under their minimum number.

Any nice venues in the north east to get married at for around 40 guests then around 100 on the night.

Some of the prices are ridiculous, and many have minimum numbers of 60-80 for the ceremony.

Slaley Hall

Split the ceremony and party. Then don’t mention it’s a wedding when you book the place for the reception.

Probably a nice restaurant you can have to yourself privately for the whole late afternoon and evening.

It’ll cut the price by 2/3 at least. The place will be devastated when you rock up and they realise it’s a wedding and you’ve had their pants down.

Newton Hall near Alnwick. Wedding Venues Northumberland | Luxury Wedding North East

Was at a wedding here last week and the venue is perfect for 40 day and 100 night. A few rooms for stopovers and not far from Seahouses, Beadnell, Bamburgh for B&Bs etc

As You Like it - Jesmond
Good shout, nice place but pricey too. It looks like a canny venue for exactly what the OP wants.

You can actually get married at the scouts camp place on the A690, get a marquee.

Newton Hall near Alnwick. Wedding Venues Northumberland | Luxury Wedding North East

Was at a wedding here last week and the venue is perfect for 40 day and 100 night. A few rooms for stopovers and not far from Seahouses, Beadnell, Bamburgh for B&Bs etc
Same people who have As You Like It and Le Petit Chateau. Their attention to detail, flexibility with planning and customer service is outstanding.

Bit of a hike though for night time guests if he’s Sunderland based (except As You Like It which is perfect).

I can give you the name of a lass there if you need it OP.

Last edited:
Same people who have As You Like It and Le Petit Chateau. Their attention to detail, flexibility with planning and customer service is outstanding.

Bit of a hike though for night time guests if he’s Sunderland based (except As You Like It which is perfect).
Yeah Apartment Group.

Little things like cocktail making kits in rooms, turn down service with fresh baked cookies on a night. Made the difference and the £230 for the room a little bit more acceptable.

AYLI have a min spend per head and if folk dont spend it you foot the difference!
The rest of the venues in the group have minimum numbers but not min spend, that’s probably because it’s a pub more than a wedding venue.

Most places will have min spend or numbers.

I used to hire out St Mary's Visitors Centre in Gateshead (next door to the Sage) which is a lovely old church and as it's Council run, not as expensive as most venues.

However, I'm not sure if they have the capacity for 100 on an evening, it might be less.

South Causey do packages for the number of people you've mentioned

I got married in 2016 50 odd through the day 100 at night very reasonable, although it was a Monday which was a lot cheaper than a weekend date.

The Vermont in Newcastle we got married there in 2017 no minimum numbers I think we had 50 during the day and 120 on the night can't recommend the place highly enough.

Back