Small hole in electric oven. Repair ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inside of an electric oven has a small hole maybe the size of a match head.

Probably caused by condensation/rust. Has anyone repaired one themselves using epoxy resin or similar ?

Any advice welcomed.

Inside of an electric oven has a small hole maybe the size of a match head.

Probably caused by condensation/rust. Has anyone repaired one themselves using epoxy resin or similar ?

Any advice welcomed.
I would just get rid, sounds dangerous. You can pick an oven up for next to nowt these days.

is it worth the hassle?.

chances are it will be fine with the hole, is it gas or leccy?

It is electric.

Ta, probably won't need that much though !

I would just get rid, sounds dangerous. You can pick an oven up for next to nowt these days.
I've got better things to spend 'next to nowt' on these days. Hoping to repair it cheaply.

will be fine then.

just used this on my fairings recently. good stuff dont know if its heat resistant like...

it's got a very high heat resistance, that's why i suggested it. also resistant to oil.
i used it a while ago to glue a part inside an engine when i uprated the compensating sprocket on my bike. the proper glue was about £50 for a small tube. the dealer told me that even they use jb weld when they do the job instead of their own adhesive without any comebacks unlike their expensive stuff.
i was dubious obviously but 10,000 miles later and it's still ok.

it's got a very high heat resistance, that's why i suggested it. also resistant to oil.
i used it a while ago to glue a part inside an engine when i uprated the compensating sprocket on my bike. the proper glue was about £50 for a small tube. the dealer told me that even they use jb weld when they do the job instead of their own adhesive without any comebacks unlike their expensive stuff.
i was dubious obviously but 10,000 miles later and it's still ok.

it has good reviews on the biking forums, thats why i used it. just seems like araldite, held well regardless and still have loads left in the syringes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back