Slow Drivers

I absolutely hate the bas$$$da
What gives them the right to hold up my journey.
It's not restricted to oldies either. Without generalizing more women do it than men it seems.
Then you get the ones with that sticker in the back window "The closer you get, the slower I go "
Grrr. Open fire

I absolutely hate the bas$$$da
What gives them the right to hold up my journey.
It's not restricted to oldies either. Without generalizing more women do it than men it seems.
Then you get the ones with that sticker in the back window "The closer you get, the slower I go "
Grrr. Open fire
Sounds like you shouldn’t be on the roads yourself there marrow.

Are my biggest gripe on the roads, see more and more on a daily basis. Today on the way to Durham, a woman doing 30 in a 60 zone, what the fuck are they playing at man?!
I don’t mind as long they allow for other folks to pass them and as long as they stick to the left lane on dual carriageway/motorway
The amount of old people who then flash lights/blare the horn as you overtake them (safely) on single carriageways is amazing like
I like driving slowly. Not to the extremes in the OP but 23 in a 30, 35 in a 40, 60 on the A19 etc. I can do fast no problem if needed but as I'm getting older (39), I've mellowed loads in my life and just go about stuff at a steady pace.
60 is a bit slow for the A19 like, I think 65-75 range is acceptable (when able that is) but as long you are not making HGVs overtake you then its fine imo

Last edited:
It's the ones doing 50 to 55 on the A19 on some sort of economy drive that do it for me, especially when a lorry is trying to overtake them.
You can just imagine them telling anyone that will listen that they achieved 46mpg on the way to work and saved £1,14
Yes but you caused one accident, 64 cases of raised blood pressure and a heart attack!

Good luck with that on a moderately busy duel carriageway.

You will be overtaking a HGV every 2 minutes and pulling out into the outside lane causing carnage and mayhem :eek:
I'm a good, safe driver. Why would I be doing that ? I'm obviously on about for example, a quiet Sunday morning rather than 4.30pm rush hour.

An older lady was doing 35mph in the middle lane of the A1 yesterday. That's just a massive hazard.

The bit of the A1 from Team Valley to Metrocentre is mad. It's amazing the number of people who don't move left when the road widens and continue to tootle along in the middle lane.

I'm a good, safe driver. Why would I be doing that ? I'm obviously on about for example, a quiet Sunday morning rather than 4.30pm rush hour.
I don't think that is the scenario in question though. It should be quite obvious when you are causing an obstruction and you have a legal obligation to pull over and let traffic pass. Theres nothing wrong with taking it easy as long as you don't cause an obstruction.

An older lady was doing 35mph in the middle lane of the A1 yesterday. That's just a massive hazard.

The bit of the A1 from Team Valley to Metrocentre is mad. It's amazing the number of people who don't move left when the road widens and continue to tootle along in the middle lane.
I come past there from work every Friday around 4.30. Its horrendous.

Back