Slow Drivers

Also agree in a way as lot a drivers are idiots but that's another story.
Some bint doing 20 southbound in the Tyne Tunnel at 5 o'clock this evening. Surely she could have seen the queue of traffic following behind her.
Mind you, I wish she'd been in front of me going down the Houghton cut bank last Wednesday morning

Stupid police and their stupid speed camera

:oops:

See that type of shit she should be given points. 20 through the tunnel ffs!

I know it is but new cars can stop a lot faster than old ones did from 30mph.

Around schools residential areas I totally agree but when you get daft 30 or 40 zones where nobody is about is crackers.

Are there many 30 zones that aren’t residential/built up areas?

Seen a video earlier in Russia road rage two blokes going at it first bloke goes for him trades a flew blows then the lad in a suit does a spin kick and puts the older bloke on his arse :lol:

I drive slowly to save petrol. I have the mpg display on and try to keep it as high as possible. I especially accelerate away slowly because that's where you use most and knock it out of gear and roll down any hills using what we call 'Mexican Overdrive'.

Sorry for those important and impatient business men and business ladies who are stuck behind, but that's what happens when you keep voting Tory and keep us poor people in poverty.
Some idiot woman driving at 20 in a 30 today for about 3 miles. What a carry on, tail backs, dangerous overtaking manoeuvres all over the place. She shouldn’t be on the road if she cannot keep up to speed. She’s probably never had an accident but caused thousands.

Was it a battered Y reg Corsa with a miniature pair of boxing gloves hanging from the mirror? Might have been me.

Last edited:
I drive slowly to save petrol. I have the mpg display on and try to keep it as high as possible. I especially accelerate away slowly because that's where you use most and knock it out of gear and roll down any hills using what we call 'Mexican Overdrive'.

Sorry for those important and impatient business men and business ladies who are stuck behind, but that's what happens when you keep voting Tory and keep us poor people in poverty.

Was it a battered Y reg Corsa with a miniature pair of boxing gloves hanging from the mirror? Might have been me.
Haha, no it’s was a Honda Jazz.

Coasting uses more fuel than engine breaking that uses none.

Was running late a bit this morning so just blitzed down the no car lane from the Board inn up to the LIDL. The most pointless lane ever so thought fuck it on this occasion as the traffic was quite backed up.

Coasting uses more fuel than engine breaking that uses none.

That can't be true unless you have some sort of energy feedback system like on electric cars. When you're engine braking, your revs must be higher than just tickover which you're on when you're coasting.

Plus as well, if it's a decent hill you can build up a fair bit of speed, which keeps the impatient queue behind happy for a little while at least, and then get another good distance on the flat freewheeling before you've slowed down so much you have to reluctantly knock it back in to gear.

I did try switching off altogether down big hills for the ultimate in fuel conservation, but the power steering stopped working with the ignition off, which makes staying on your own side of the road quite tricky.

By the way, what about these cheeky garages with their '5 litres minimum delivery signs'. I put £2 worth in and they never say anything.
Was running late a bit this morning so just blitzed down the no car lane from the Board inn up to the LIDL. The most pointless lane ever so thought fuck it on this occasion as the traffic was quite backed up.

Ha! We see you types quite a lot on the road and call you "crunchy nutters" after that advert a while back where the cereal eater man had his own private lane.

I am also the most courteous and gallant knight on the road and ALWAYS stop to let pedestrians cross if they are waiting. I always wave people out of side roads etc too (unless they have a 4x4 or monster truck). We all have to share the roads and a little politeness and helping one another would go a long way.

Last edited:

Lucky nobody went into it from the proper lane when wanting to go up Grindon Lane there M00 lad.

That can't be true unless you have some sort of energy feedback system like on electric cars. When you're engine braking, your revs must be higher than just tickover which you're on when you're coasting.

Plus as well, if it's a decent hill you can build up a fair bit of speed, which keeps the impatient queue behind happy for a little while at least, and then get another good distance on the flat freewheeling before you've slowed down so much you have to reluctantly knock it back in to gear.

I did try switching off altogether down big hills for the ultimate in fuel conservation, but the power steering stopped working with the ignition off, which makes staying on your own side of the road quite tricky.

By the way, what about these cheeky garages with their '5 litres minimum delivery signs'. I put £2 worth in and they never say anything.

Ha! We see you types quite a lot on the road and call you "crunchy nutters" after that advert a while back where the cereal eater man had his own private lane.

I am also the most courteous and gallant knight on the road and ALWAYS stop to let pedestrians cross if they are waiting. I always wave people out of side roads etc too (unless they have a 4x4 or monster truck). We all have to share the roads and a little politeness and helping one another would go a long way.
With fuel injection, which most cars have now, if the accelerator pedal isn't pressed no fuel goes in the engine. Watch your instant mpg if you don't believe me.

Lucky nobody went into it from the proper lane when wanting to go up Grindon Lane there M00 lad.
The lights were on red as the lane ended and I was driving with due care and attention mate so no harm done. I am aware it is cretinous behaviour but sometimes needs must. It is quite irritating sitting in traffic next to a completely functioning yet empty lane during rush hour mind.

no, coasting means your engine is on idle and using fuel to keep it going, if you use engine braking zero fuel goes in because the wheels turning and being connected to the engine keeps that turning. Just because the pistons are moving doesnt mean there is fuel going in.

A y reg corsa has a mpg gauge?!

I'm not the one who breaks the law and demands other drivers to get their "Slow Ass" out of your way.
Do the slow drivers break the law?
How do you know that other drivers don't have a disability or are not confident driving at speed?
I do concede there are bad drivers, but at both ends of the spectrum.
Your statement proves you're selfish and inconsiderate.

this little bit here is the problem for me

if someone is that nervous on the road they have to drive so far under the speed limit to feel safe they shouldn't be in charge of a few tons of metal

this little bit here is the problem for me

if someone is that nervous on the road they have to drive so far under the speed limit to feel safe they shouldn't be in charge of a few tons of metal
What about the over confident?

What about the over confident?

it works both ways. not saying speeding isn't dangerous etc.. just that dithering drivers cause far more frustration and hazards on the road

the bloke doing 80mph (in his Audi) in the outside lane is causing far less problems for other motorists than the one doing 55/60 refusing to move to the inside causing a stream of undertakes etc..

yes of course the former is illegal but the point is valid and it's something you see all the time

Back