Slovenia

that’s easy. Anywhere between Ljubljanska cesta and Presemova Cesta down to the lake but anywhere around there won’t be too far out. There are some supermarkets to the east of that area and again no more than 10-15 mins away from the lake.

Lesce is a walk of around 20 mins from the lake and is in the main train line into Ljubljana to the south and north into Austria.

If you want. Something more quiet then look at Radovljica which is about 15 mins drive from the lake.

Instead of Airbnb you could also look at Pensions to let but may not get them for short stays.

Shout if you need owt else

We're going in May, flying in to Ljubljana but getting there quite late.

Can anyone recommend a company to take us to Bled, which we can book in advance?

Cheers.

We're going in May, flying in to Ljubljana but getting there quite late.

Can anyone recommend a company to take us to Bled, which we can book in advance?

Cheers.
Can just get the public bus from the main interchange. Only costs a few quid and you get to see the little towns en route. Takes about an hour iirc.

Classic SMB answer that. :cool:

Can just get the public bus from the main interchange. Only costs a few quid and you get to see the little towns en route. Takes about an hour iirc.

Classic SMB answer that. :cool:
Yeah if it was earlier in the day I would but I think it's about 2130 we get in so I'd rather just get a taxi.

Yeah if it was earlier in the day I would but I think it's about 2130 we get in so I'd rather just get a taxi.

Are you rebooking your Lake Bled trip? We’re sad we aren’t getting there this summer.

Are you rebooking your Lake Bled trip? We’re sad we aren’t getting there this summer.
Yeah we're gonna try and book all the accommodation, both in Slovenia and Scotland that we had to cancel.

Our wedding is now in November, but we'll still go away in the May, but next year.

Gutted, but nowt we can do.

I was best man for a mate at Lake Bled. Ceremony in the town hall then boats across to a church on the lake.

We go to a wedding there each year in the town hall. Nee idea who they are. We go when the festival is on and go to the wedding reception. Fireworks in the mountains and lots of pivo

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no problem getting in. The country ended restrictions in the main in the middle of May. The only difficulty is the number of flights to Ljubljana as there's isn't a full schedule yet. By the end of July you are going to get good and bad days, so we might wait. I'm thinking of a week in late January and experience the snow and skate on the lake.
If you go have a trip to Bohinj on the bus from the bus station in Bled. Takes about an hour and a half, but it's a lovely coach ride through the Soca Valley. Stay on the bus at RIbcev Laz and go the other end of Lake Bohing at Zlatarog. Then walk to the cable car station and take the ride up to Vogel

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:

Back