Sleaford Mods

Absolutely brilliant. Get better with every gig. Jason was unbelievable.

Dear me.

This. Either went in blind or is clueless.

Too big? Why? Watched half right on the barrier, half about midway. All class.

Edit: Spug was there loving it.
I had a great time:lol: mate pushed me to the front. Great work out.:lol:

When the tour got announced I wasn't that arsed cos I've already seen them twice, but after listening to the new album I fancied seeing them last night but it was sold out. I might go and see them at Boro next week

As much as I love them they seem to have lost their edge a little bit. If anyone is interested go on YouTube and watch a gig from c 2015. That's when they were at their peak imo

Tremendous.
Aye I watched it last night. Gonna watch it tonight again as er indoors hasn’t seen it and I said I wouldn’t watch it without her :lol:
As much as I love them they seem to have lost their edge a little bit. If anyone is interested go on YouTube and watch a gig from c 2015. That's when they were at their peak imo
Disagree. This is as good as anything they’ve done and Kebab Spider was class as well. I loved the last album me.

Disagree. This is as good as anything they’ve done and Kebab Spider was class as well. I loved the last album me. Don’t even agree that’s when they were at their peak either. If you listen to Mekon lyrically it’s probably better than anything after when Andrew joined. The likes of Trixie, Mekon, Barmy Army and Jobseeker were rough as fuck. The stuff about Heather Mccartney is brutal.

Last edited:
Aye I watched it last night. Gonna watch it tonight again as er indoors hasn’t seen it and I said I wouldn’t watch it without her :lol:

Disagree. This is as good as anything they’ve done and Kebab Spider was class as well. I loved the last album me.

That sounds filthy. It's brilliant.

Loads have said they’ve lost their edge but nah. Think he’s certainly got more melodic but some of that last album would get on a best of imo. They have slightly changed mind but that pleases me.

Over time Im actually preferring the newer stuff (from Key Markets onwards). That's not to say I've stopped liking the earlier stuff mind.

Time Sands was on in a bar recently and it sounded superb.

Last edited:
Over time Im actually preferring the newer stuff (from Key Markets onwards). That's not to say I've stopped liking the earlier stuff mind.
I’m quite surprised I like the newer stuff. It’s rare as fuck and artist can put stuff out over years I enjoy. I get annoyed at people who like a band and reckon they like everything they have ever done. Absolute bollocks that. There’s no way you can like every song by someone.

I’m quite surprised I like the newer stuff. It’s rare as fuck and artist can put stuff out over years I enjoy. I get annoyed at people who like a band and reckon they like everything they have ever done. Absolute bollocks that. There’s no way you can like every song by someone.

Agreed. There's a fair few songs on several early albums I'm not a fan of.

Think it's fairly conclusive that they leave Idles for dead.
Is it okay to like both? Just asking.........
It’s an act with Idles. Total Cabaret. Did you see them at Glastonbury. Fuck me I was shocked at how bad they were. Probably let this die and start a SM V Idles thread.
Saw Idles in Dublin and Sleaford Mods at the Boiler Shop - both outstanding gigs.

Last edited:

Back