Sland half marathon.

Discussion in 'Diet and Exercise' started by SPUFF, May 12, 2019.

1. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

enjoyed that like, much less chew than gnr etc. Thought it was very heavily club runners like but hopefully goes from strength to strength.

Presume whoever planned the route was on acid!:lol:

D.A and Billy Smart's Circus like this.
  2. Very well organised and marshalled. Good weather and plenty of encouragement along the way. Route designed on an Etch a Sketch!

3. Fletch

Fletch Striker

The route is shite and needs changing if they want to attract more runners

4. MURPHY1973

MURPHY1973 Central Defender

The misses ran the half today, I had to miss it as had a niggle. Great half to watch, only had to walk about half a mile to see my wife run about 5 or 6 times.

I agree the route probably should change though and should maybe include the new bridge.... Might force the entrance fee up though to pay for road closures. Still better than GNR though

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  5. Pedrovansank

Pedrovansank Full Back

Easily changeable. Could contraflow the A1231, and close one side of it. Would save the backwards and forwards in Hendon and Grangetown.
    The bridge is in the medal, but not in the race.

6. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

Suppose the thing is it would block off all 3 bridges whilst the race was happening.

I get your logic 100% though, makes sense.

Pedrovansank likes this.
  7. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Winger

I loved it. The route was bizarre for the first 9 miles but glorious up to Roker in that weather. Nice long straight to finish too.

MUCH prefer it to the GNR, in fact it might be my favourite half ever.

If they can somehow include the new bridge and perhaps getting round the stadium I think they’d be onto an absolute winner.

Not many crowds but it was excellent overall, can’t speak highly enough of the organisers and volunteers.

Slight issue, has anyone found their official time or photos yet? According to their website, I don't exist for either. Good job I timed it!

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  8. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

I got a text straight after finishing n full list pdf on an email today like mate.

9. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Winger

Thanks mate, I've found myself on the pdf cheers. Got an email saying the photos are ready but can't find them yet. Guess they've jumped the gun a bit.

10. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

Dreading seeing mine, looked like death at the finish I reckon.

Route seemed to tske some really shit areas in like.

I came 900th out of 1200!:lol:

11. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Winger

Haha. I’ll take a look, see if I can post the 900th placed person’s pics on here

The last 3 miles of the route were stunning though, shitty climb into Roker Park aside.

12. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

How many year has that route been used mate.
    Started at the sol early on didnt it?

Looks like pics not up yet like, you can view them off other events so must be en route.

Last edited: May 13, 2019
  13. Hawyatt Earp

Hawyatt Earp Winger

Photos are up :lol::lol:

14. How many pictures have others got? There's usually several but I've only got two crossing the finish line but another lass is blurred in front of me.

Who took the pictures after the race with the medals? That one isn't on.

15. Charlestonian

Charlestonian Midfield

A couple coming back over the bridge but no other decent ones, did you make the hour mark you were after Becs?

Ginger John likes this.
  16. No I was a bit over the hour :(

Not the best race prep going to the match the night before and I'm having major surgery next week so just getting to the end was an achievement :D

17. SPUFF

SPUFF Striker

Mine are horrific, 8 of the bastards too!:lol:

Charlestonian and Hawyatt Earp like this.