Skyrim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skyrim came after oblivion, not before. It's set about 300 years after the events of Oblivion iirc.

"A Strange door" doesn't take you to Skyrim, it takes you to the Shivering Isles. The Shivering Isles are the realm of the daedric lord Shergorath.

I see, thanks.

I'm a bit of a newbie, can you tell :lol:

Skyrim came after oblivion, not before. It's set about 300 years after the events of Oblivion iirc.

"A Strange door" doesn't take you to Skyrim, it takes you to the Shivering Isles. The Shivering Isles are the realm of the daedric lord Shergorath.
"CHEESE FOR EVERYONE!!!"

Switched to SKYRIM after finishing the strange door storyline on Oblivion.

I seem to have levelled up pretty fast compared to Oblivion, level 24 and I've done nowt really :lol: joined the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild, killed a few dragons, got me some shouts and some mage is holding a spinning sphere in place, while I'm out and about clearing a few caverns/ruins while admiring the stunning scenery, although the amount of mountains is a bit ridiculous.

Switched to SKYRIM after finishing the strange door storyline on Oblivion.

I seem to have levelled up pretty fast compared to Oblivion, level 24 and I've done nowt really :lol: joined the dark brotherhood and the thieves guild, killed a few dragons, got me some shouts and some mage is holding a spinning sphere in place, while I'm out and about clearing a few caverns/ruins while admiring the stunning scenery, although the amount of mountains is a bit ridiculous.
From what I remember in Oblivion you levelled up based on skill increases in your primary skills (each class had 7 iirc). If you made a Sneak Thief at the start then decided to play as a warrior you wouldn't level up as you wouldn't be using your primary skills all that much.

In Skyrim all skills go towards level increases. Skyrim is very forgiving.

Horses are great for running over mountains quickly, they take full advantage of the games broken physics.

Started at new save last week with the aim of 100% of the achievements starting from 0 as I've just got it for the Xbox.

Level 44 after 21 hours and only managed to do 7 quests :lol:

Started at new save last week with the aim of 100% of the achievements starting from 0 as I've just got it for the Xbox.

Level 44 after 21 hours and only managed to do 7 quests :lol:
I'm pathetic, still never managed to platinum it as I either glitch an achievement or piss about.

Bloody daedric items ended up bugged on my last two attempts.

I'm pathetic, still never managed to platinum it as I either glitch an achievement or piss about.

Bloody daedric items ended up bugged on my last two attempts.

That's one of the ones I'm looking to do as soon as I've got my enchanting to 100. Already got the quest open for the abandoned house in Markarth so will start with that one

I've never managed to get past 10 hours or so with this game although I've owned it on both 360 and One. It just feels too slow to get into and I get my arse handed to me by anything bigger than a bear. I've started back on it this weekend and i'm still only level 9. I'm aiming a two hand combat but Trolls and dragons are battering me at every turn.

I've never managed to get past 10 hours or so with this game although I've owned it on both 360 and One. It just feels too slow to get into and I get my arse handed to me by anything bigger than a bear. I've started back on it this weekend and i'm still only level 9. I'm aiming a two hand combat but Trolls and dragons are battering me at every turn.

Have you lowered the difficulty? Personally wouldn't advise taking on anything big that early.

I hadn't thought about the difficulty level to be honest. I usually just leave them on default unless I find something really easy and i'll notch it up a bit.

I was canny pissed off lastnight when I was wandering up a mountain to a monastery (the 7000 steps) and a dragon dropped in front of me which obviously led to insta-death. Then I got lucky on the reload and the dragon didn't appear but a troll dropped off a ledge and swiped my face off in one hit. :lol:

The thing was my save went a bit strange and I kept spawning in the dragons fire after that so I had to revert to an earlier save and fast travel back to Riverwood where I was a bit more safe. I'm just waiting to get to level 12 so it'll activate the "night to remember" quest so I can get the sanguine rose and constantly have a beast of a deadric soldier at my side.

I hadn't thought about the difficulty level to be honest. I usually just leave them on default unless I find something really easy and i'll notch it up a bit.

I was canny pissed off lastnight when I was wandering up a mountain to a monastery (the 7000 steps) and a dragon dropped in front of me which obviously led to insta-death. Then I got lucky on the reload and the dragon didn't appear but a troll dropped off a ledge and swiped my face off in one hit. :lol:

The thing was my save went a bit strange and I kept spawning in the dragons fire after that so I had to revert to an earlier save and fast travel back to Riverwood where I was a bit more safe. I'm just waiting to get to level 12 so it'll activate the "night to remember" quest so I can get the sanguine rose and constantly have a beast of a deadric soldier at my side.

If you want to level up, get on alchemy, smithing and enchanting!

Yeah i've lashed into the smithing and alchemy but not so much with the enchanting. That'll probably be my aim tonight.

I also keep getting notifications telling me my blood is boiling in the daylight so I guess I'm a vampire of sorts now. :lol:

Yeah i've lashed into the smithing and alchemy but not so much with the enchanting. That'll probably be my aim tonight.

I also keep getting notifications telling me my blood is boiling in the daylight so I guess I'm a vampire of sorts now. :lol:

:lol:
Yes it means that. It annoyed me being a vampire so I'm leaving the dawnguard stuff until later.

Much too low a level to be taking those on imo. Explore and build your character up first.

From what I remember in Oblivion you levelled up based on skill increases in your primary skills (each class had 7 iirc). If you made a Sneak Thief at the start then decided to play as a warrior you wouldn't level up as you wouldn't be using your primary skills all that much.

In Skyrim all skills go towards level increases. Skyrim is very forgiving.

Horses are great for running over mountains quickly, they take full advantage of the games broken physics.

I really missed Oblivion's levelling system. I'd just jump everywhere watching it increase :lol:

Done 6 daedric artifact quests tonight. I'd never done them before. The daedric lords/princes whatever they are are a pretty brutal lot. No way was I sacrificing that dog though no matter how annoying it was

Done 6 daedric artifact quests tonight. I'd never done them before. The daedric lords/princes whatever they are are a pretty brutal lot. No way was I sacrificing that dog though no matter how annoying it was
I battered that dog's head in and fucked the trophy on one play through.

Little fucker left me in the shite in the middle of Helgen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back